Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_unpanicv2 cheap vents

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by sajak, Apr 28, 2012

Would you like to see the larger vents?

Yes, please! 5 vote(s) 31.3%
Nah, the old is fine. 11 vote(s) 68.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 11, 2011
    A lot of people complain about the cheap vents spot in unpanic. I was just tinkering around to see if larger vents would be better. Here are the pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    I'm torn. The vents are a bit cheap, but they are legal so... meh.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    You can easily zombie train them in there. And can attack from both sides sooo don't see why people QQing
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Aug 2, 2010
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Like when you can't survive two minutes in Hell on Earth difficulty with me and @retslag1 in Killing Floor? :ROFL:
      • Aug 2, 2010
        I survive much longer than that. It's you two noob fukfaces that can't last very long.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • rxn
          This message by rxn has been removed from public view. Deleted by rxn, Apr 28, 2012, Reason: double.
          Apr 28, 2012
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Well if zombies stack, they can get them. When multiple zombies stack, they will be able to glitch threw each other and get them.It even makes the textures look bad in the vents like that for my opinion. I think adding another side to the vent would be and better :razz:. Just a suggestion.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          It's fine as is people just need to actually use teamwork instead of QQing and ruin completely good spots because they can't get a few people in there alone.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Yes but the vents are really noobish as you notice that 3 people can hold off 10 or more zombies. That is why adding another way would be better for me. I don't think it's qq. It is so stupid to camp in vents.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          I've seen people get killed there all the time with people actually using teamwork god forbid people work together. Me and Deto can hold it off together because we know where to shoot and constantly look over and see how each side is doing.
        • Nov 11, 2011
          It was a quick edit bro. It's not the final version, the textures are off atm and look horrendous. I just wanted to see what people thought first (after consulting with Harvey). In any case, I CAN add another vent and have them connect at a junction but eh... I don't know, both sides have a point. Let's see what more people think first, we're not in a rush here.
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Damn you guys are so tough. It is so hardddd to aim . You guys are really strong. I bet you deto is nothing without his awp and Bhop skills :razz:. I can kick both of your asses on zm.Badgriuel you play better then me in bf3 because I never tried it and detonator, I love you D.
        • Apr 2, 2011
          Leave Vents as is. If people can't kill the humans in it, it is because:
          1) No Teamwork
          2) No Teamwork
          3) No Teamwork
          4) Not Enough Zombie Players
          ... Take your pick.
          • Zing! Zing! x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            If the spot were to get nerfed, I agree with Mario that another entrance would be a better solution.

I like the map as is though, this is one of the few maps that sees a decent balance (on ZMP anyway) of wins.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              You can stand in the vents. That alone makes them allowed.

It's hard to get people solo, correct, but you can zombie train them, and they're good as dead.

Why nerf one of the only good spots on that map.
            • Feb 21, 2007
              only way i will approve any edits of this map is if you add a statue of retslag1 in the vents...
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Nov 11, 2011
                Lol the last time kosuki and I made a statue of you with your favorite items (dildo, anal beads, etc), you werent too happy lol :razz:
              • Mar 9, 2012
                My problem with the vents is the stair entrance requires only a player of moderate skill to defend. I'm pretty sure you have to stack to enter it without donator jump(or like the sign it requires excellent timing as a regular player). If you have 2 guys watching the easy entrance then it's game over unless you train like 30-40 zombies in there. I would almost just like to see the widened vents on the stair side to allow more than one zombie to attack it at a time and create somewhat of a challenge or require 2 people to watch that side.

I don't think it's a huge deal but it's incredibly cheap and probably needs to be balanced out a little.
              • Jul 19, 2011
                naahh what u smokin? me and jzx couldn't even hold the vents! if theres 3 ppl actively engaging in the gameplay then i can see your point that it is almost "impossible" to get in, but its 3 FREAKEN PEOPLE shooting!

why edit a map that is almost always recently played. its perfect the way it is.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Jul 14, 2010
                  "Why fix what isn't broken?" The spot is legal, and it's never been a problem spot. I say leave it as is.
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.