Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Illegal zm_unpanicv2_pf

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by 4minute≡♀:Sica≡♥♥♥, Sep 20, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 3, 2013
    I was standing on the part where I painted yellow in my picture, and 2 other players including me were warned by an admin saying it was illegal. But seeing from the picture, it only shows the red spot is illegal. Correct me if I'm wrong................

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nov 15, 2011
      Seems like a debate on ledge versus roof.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's still illegal. First of all, the only way to get there is by runboosting, and under our Illegal Spots rule, if you have to runboost to get to a spot, it's automatically illegal whether or not it's listed. This DOES NOT mean you are now allowed to runboost, it just means if that is the only means of getting to a spot, it's illegal.
      This spot was added before Run Boosting was covered in our Illegal Spots rule.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 18, 2013
        I disagree run boost is not necessary. Therefore that spot shouldn't be illegal.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
          haoward<3, Sep 20, 2014 Last edited by haoward<3, Sep 20, 2014
        • May 16, 2013
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Bhopping gets the same treatment. It's a very difficult bhop to do. It's possible, but difficult (on ZM at least)
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 18, 2013
              That's your opinion. I dont think is difficult
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                If it was a simple bhop, you'd have something here. But it's not. It takes a lot of practice to figure out, and first of all requires you to be able to bhop. Despite Harvey missing the edges of the spot, the edges are still illegal as well as the rest of the spot. It's the same reason we made the spots on endless illegal. it's possible to get to them by bhopping and runboosting, but it's still very difficult for the average player to do.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  The whole spot is illegal, we just didn't highlight the slanty ledges. Like Tony said, its only accessible via run boosting or mad bhop skillz, so it will remain illegal (including the yellow part you highlighted)
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Feb 1, 2011
                    Reopened at @haoward<3's request. Entire spot is considered illegal at the time of this writing.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Jul 14, 2010
                      If you were a regular player without donator getting shot at, the chances of you getting to that spot is 0. That is why it's illegal.
                      • Agree Agree x 2
                      • Oct 18, 2013
                        Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014
                        then we will test that out. Even so there are mother zombies which have the same physics as donator/admin perks
                      • Jul 14, 2010
                        Yeah but regular players cannot choose to be mother zombies, it's random chance so that argument doesn't exactly work. And: http://plaguefest.com/threads/zm_unpanicv2_pf.7715/ It was tested many times.
                      • Oct 18, 2013
                        Being this map is quite fun and played everyday a few times why not utilize this spot and perhaps create an easier way to access the other 2 roofs maybe a @mapper would be willing to do such an edit to make this map alot funner.
                      • May 31, 2012
                        ^ Wow, he put so much effort into it! He almost had to jump twice to land there. </sarcasm>

Plus, @4minute≡♀:Sica≡♥♥♥ said the spot is vulnerable to the boxes. Just because a person can't land there doesn't mean a small group of zombies wont be able to clip them; it's not as over powered as you guys have exaggerated it to be.

It's completely legitimate to consider a nearby spot as "legal". Within the same map, and there are other spots near "illegal" spots that are legal:

[IMG]

And we even have other maps such as ghs lila blue town where nearby spots are "legal". For example, you need ("illegal") roof access to the trees but the trees are "legal":

[IMG]

#illegalspotwitchhunt2014yolo
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
                        • Jun 29, 2014
                          How about we get a regular member that's does not have any perks try this spot , instead of Houward who has the donor jump along with knowing how to bhop that does not show anything , of course he can get there , but the average player with no perks
                        • Oct 13, 2011
                          Turn off your donor perks and try it. I'll try if I ever get to play tonight.
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.