Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_urban_casa wip

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by waterpyro32, Jun 25, 2012

1. Apr 29, 2012
    here is my current project check out the wip is a house with 4 floor include 1,2 basement n attic.

no furniture yet just layout. i willl add furn soon.
    using the light_spot entity vs light looks alot better.
    lightning isn't final either. might do night time sky

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9535/zshouseb30000.jpg[/img
    [img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4643/zshouseb30004.jpg
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Looks nice but keep in mind your brush count will be really high, you're going to need more cade spots, you need to start using better textures, stop making all your brushes square, read how to make proper lighting.
    • Nov 2, 2011

Edit: looks promising, but keep in mind gameplay > looks
    • May 15, 2011
      I notice your windows are not properly aligned, so I assume you do not know how to adjust them.

[IMG]

As you can see, I have highlighted a few options in the Face Edit Sheet, or Texture Application Tool. One of the most useful texture alignment tools you have is Texture Shift. With this, you can move the texture around 1 pixel at a time. I have made mine 12/-40. As you can see, my texture has become misaligned and looks rather unpleasing. To fix this, you would simply turn the 12/-40 both to 0. Click apply (If you wrote it instead of using the slider.) and the texture will align with the rest of the world.

However, for something like glass, you don't have to be so careful. It would be better to just use the Justify tool. As you can see, you are given the options L/R/Fit. I don't fully understand L/R (Assuming Justify: Left or Right.) and usually just ignore them. Fit however, can be very helpful for removing those ugly black lines in your windows. Simply select the face that you want to 'Fit' and click Fit. Now your window wont look like such dick.

I highlighted the Rotation tool so you can see it. It took me a few years before I ever noticed it. It's so damn useful!

The last important one is Align. Align does what it says. It aligns the texture, however, it aligns only to the World, or the Brush Face. If World is checked, the texture will self align with the world, if set to Face, it will align to it's own preset, which you can now copy/pasta to other faces. This will keep the textures aligned with eachother, even though they will not align with the World textures. I think. And to have both selected I have no idea. Was like that when I clicked the texture. So meh.
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Apr 29, 2012
        yea i didn't align all of the windows yet, just wanna to get some pics out

and i am using light_spot instead of light entity which looks better.

- i will add props soon. I will def take in consideration of the game play
        -brush count is low 18%
      • May 5, 2011
        Nice work, looks clean and good. Can't wait to see it in play.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        There is no such thing as "light_spot instead of light entity." A spotlight entity is a primary light source, light entity is ambient light, and point_spotlight provides...err why not just read a tutorial on how to make realistic lighting? A realistic light requires more than just a light_spot... And "brush count is low 18%" doesn't mean you won't have the same problem you did on your last map. Just stick to the grid, don't overlap textures, turn brushes into models (if you have a lot, looks like it from the pics). And you need cade spots, your pictures only have open spaces, adding furniture won't be one bit helpful..
      • May 15, 2011
        Think he means he used a 'light_spot' instead of using 'light'. IMO the best method is to use a light_spot for your main lighting (Brightness 80-120~), and have a light with a brightness value of no more than 10-60~.
      • Mar 10, 2012
      • Apr 29, 2012
        I guess some people dont read before posting. smh

"no furniture yet just layout. i willl add furn soon." -waterpyro