Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZM_Vampire_Medical_v3

Discussion in Completed Maps started by MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 3, 2013

1. Sep 24, 2012

"ZM Vampire Medical v3 is a heavily modified version of sm medical 1 from the 2004 game Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines by Troika Games. It features a complete re-work of it's original optimization because the nodraw texture didn't exist when it was created, multiple bug fixes with the brushwork, and plenty of cade spots."

Changes since last version:
    The map has been enlarged 1.1x it's original size to make the hallways wider by 10 units, unnoticeable to the eye but noticeable through gameplay. Lightmaps have been reduced from 16 to 8 to improve light clarity without dramatically increasing file size. Custom vending machines inspired from the original game have replaced the default ones. Secret rooms were removed.

[IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 3, 2013 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 3, 2013
    • Feb 11, 2012
      You forgot pack those custom vending machines?
      [IMG]
    • Sep 24, 2012
      MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 3, 2013 Last edited by MoonChickenDogRat, Sep 3, 2013
    • Sep 6, 2010
      Good work. Was that secret room with computers removed from the map?
    • Sep 24, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        dillinger asked for this map to be removed for a reason. Please do not put this map back on... holy shit...
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It seems a little bit better, but it still seems ridiculously small. From the top floor stairs going down, it's still a really tight space to go down, so people are going to get stuck there. and the hallways are still only 1 person wide in 90% of them... It looks better, but still needs to have more space, seeing as ZM has 45+ players through the majority of the day.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        I think some people ought to give this map more of a chance, I personally like it's uniqueness. Never really had an issue getting through hallways and now that they're bigger I look forward to testing it out.
        As for map size, look at zm_deep_thought, small, then look back here, similarly small, then look at your dick, very small. GG
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Feb 1, 2011
          I suggested removal because the hallways were too small and people were getting stuck / complaining. If this version fixes that problem then I will have no problem with it being re-added.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Did you play the V2 version? The hallways were 1 player wide, and the stairs were a clusterfuck.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            The only spot I found to cause blockage was the secret entrance, other than that and I didn't explore the entire map, no issues
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I remember playing it early one morning when ZM had about 20 players, and even then it was still really crowded. It's just very very small... I think it will be a great map if there is just still more added space for movement, and maybe some more hold spots etc instead of the same 3 or 4 repeated cade spot throughout the entire map. A map needs variety as well, and that's another thing it's lacking.

It has potential, lots of potential. MCDR just needs to find a way to balance the map in the variety of types of spots for players to hold/cade/etc, and make it suitable for a high population.
          • Feb 1, 2011
            I remember the stairways being a big problem. There was a section where you came down the stairway and then the hallway went back the other direction and opened up into some other halls - and it was just a massive shitstorm of zombies going opposite ways or just afk because they gave up after being stuck and decided to sit there. If this is still happening on this new version then I don't think I would support the re-add, but if it flows better then I think the map could be cool.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            The distance between each wall is increased by 1.1x (or 10 units) which isn't even 1 player width larger. I'm pretty sure 1 player width is 48 units or something...
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • Mar 8, 2013
              iirc it's 33 units, so you need halls to be at least 66 units wall-to-wall for two players to pass.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1