Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_wired

Discussion in Completed Maps started by gd1, Jan 23, 2012

1. Aug 28, 2011

Large map, more than 64 spots, labor of love :grin:.

Fixed .vmf->.bsp
  2. Jul 28, 2011
    Dude... this has been on gamebanana for a total of 2 minutes.

You're fast! :razz:

Btw, it looks very unique. I like it :smile:
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Indeed. It would be cool to have a new style to ZM, and this looks like it'd be it. Too late to download and test out now, but from the looks of the screenshots this seems like a pretty cool map. Is this your map OP? or did you just decide to suggest it?
  4. Aug 28, 2011
    I made this over 6+ hours spread out over 2 days.
  5. Jul 28, 2011
  6. May 15, 2011

You need to compile the map and give it to us as a .bsp. >.<

I'll take a look anyways. ^^

Edit: Interesting concept. I'd say for a limited ammo server this might work, but unfortunatly, our servers are unlimited ammo, so the map itself would be entirely illegal.
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    That would explain why it's just 24 kb. Lulz.
  8. Aug 28, 2011

EDIT: Why is it illegal?
  9. May 15, 2011
    I'd just like to point out, when making water, if the player can see the side, you also texture it as water. One thing to remember is that the Nodraw texture is not suppose to be seen, like, ever.

Here's what I mean:

[IMG]

This will become invisible to the player, unless that's what you wanted. Although this is just a thing I noticed and wanted to ask, nothing big. ^^

As for illegality, our servers run unlimited ammo, meaning the humans never run out of bullets. These wires will be considered ledge spots, as even a single human can camp these and avoid death with little to no effort.

Edit: Basically what I mean is this map is impossible for zombies. ^^
  10. Aug 28, 2011
    The water there is to prevent death from falling.

Also, I've seen other maps where a human can hold down an area with an automatic weapon (zm_firewall has that spot under the room with transparent walls that you just hold down with an automatic weapon with one person).

If this still isn't allowed, should I make the ramps wider or something or add a secondary method of approach?
  11. May 15, 2011

[IMG]

[IMG]

These spots under here have no access point accept the one ladder. Not only do I not see a way up to the top, but the wires themselves are far to wide apart to even jump to, making these spots have only one access point each, rendering them impossible for zombies.

Also, by unlimited I mean even a pistol could hold these spots off cause on our servers the ammo never depletes.

[IMG]

With this spot the zombies have no actual way in accept the water or jumping from the top. Maybe no one else would think this as illegal but because of the water jump that would take place the zombies will become airborn, sending them flying the instant they got up.

[IMG]

This spot here is impossible because only one human must sit on the edge and shoot the zombies off one by one.
  12. Nov 2, 2011
    Very interesting concept, but yeah try to add access on the ledges to make it legal or make it wider perhaps?
  13. Aug 28, 2011
    Have fixed it and am currently waiting for it to compile.
  14. Nov 2, 2011
  15. Aug 28, 2011

Fixed and uploaded.
  16. Nov 2, 2011
    It is way better, but it you can make walkway underneath the wires much lower that would require zombie teamwork to get any humans on top of the wires. But all in all a very unique and promising map that i will look forward too :grin:
  17. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]For this map its not fast, its easy build and dont require much time/work to make.[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]Anyway, i download the map on banana and played it once on myself and its not much special or fun, dont mean to be evil, just saying how i felt when playing it.[/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]
    [/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]I would recommend to make another ZM map where u put little more time in and add more detail/camp spots since zm maps are based like that.[/font]
  18. Aug 28, 2011

The map is meant to be simple but a completely different playstyle. Most other maps I have seen on the server tend to copy large amounts of elements such as the basement with only some additions.
  19. Dec 6, 2011

I understand your point. I like how it's not like most of the other maps, with repetitiveness. Maybe just a few additions might satisfy the crowd?
  20. Aug 28, 2011
    Well, I'm going to be lowering the thingies as requested. I think I might add some other stuff too. However, it took like an hour for my PC to compile the map as it was now so the more I add the longer it will take to compile. I'll see how much time I've got when I get home.