Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Legal zm_wtfhax_v6e

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by tallahassee, Aug 20, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 13, 2011
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/alexvarno/screenshot/558665478306763611

this spot should be illegal because it is on the other map and i don't see how it's any different than the original version.
  2. Jan 5, 2007
    Was curious about the spot as well. I'm not aware of any new ways on the map to kill people that camp on the buildings there, so if nothing changed then it should still be illegal.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
    Theres a teleporter or something there. All the illegal spots were fixed in this version.
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    If you know where it is, mind showing some admins so it can be verified?
  5. Jul 13, 2011
    at least show me (if you know) so i can lol at people that camp up there.
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    In order to get on top of the twin towers in the skybox, you need to receive a boost from someone. Once on the towers, there are three ways (that I am aware of) to tag someone in that location.
    As indicated in the diagram, you can double stack from the corner hilly area on the right, double stack on the short tower at the bottom or double stack and then jump from the building in the distance.

The spot may be cheap, but with multiple zombies working as a team they should have no problem tagging someone at the location.

[IMG]
  7. Feb 1, 2011
    If this remains legal for this reason, why does the skybox in v6 (the old version) remain illegal? The layouts for the skybox are identical.
  8. Mar 11, 2011
  9. Jul 13, 2011
    actually i believe they're the exact some layout.
  10. Jan 5, 2007
    That's what I was curious about. I don't really see a difference in the skybox between the two versions, so if one is legal based on Harvey's explanation, then why is the other not?
  11. Dec 7, 2010

1. Entry into the skybox is a jump, crouch entry into the train tunnel. In this version you do not need to crouch nor jump, just walk right into the tunnel from the train-car.

2. The layout of the skybox is completely different. You will notice you are unable to double stack from the hilly area on the right, nor double stack from the distant buildings.

3. You do not need to double stack to reach the twin towers as you did with the v6 version.

All one needs to do to fend off the zombies is to shoot at one spot and is an instant win on v6.
  12. Mar 11, 2011
    i think the layout is the same ive tried it u can get to it however defended not likely the only hope is they turn themselves make illegal way to cheap
  13. May 6, 2011
    I don't believe the v6e Version should be illegal, and I agree with what Harvey is saying. The reason I think why most of you are confused because most of you never used the v6 version's sky box position.

Just to clarify I am posting the two version's layout in the following for review.

This is the zm_wtfhax_v6 version

[IMG]

This is the zm_wtfhax_v6e version

[IMG]

It is true when you first glance at them, the layouts and placement of the building structures both look extremely similar. However, if you examine more closely, and actually roamed in both maps, the terrains are quite different. The "v6" one is pretty much a flat terrain, while the "v6e" has high rolling hills. Also, looking at the buildings the size aspect ratio could fool you, if you are only looking at the pictures. The "sky box" in "v6" are actually much higher and larger, while the "v6e" are smaller than that of the original version (v6).

Regarding to Harvey's point 2 and 3,
    I am just trying to make this easy to understand in the simplest way I can think of,

In version "v6" this is the view looking up at the sky box, not so easy to double stack to get the survivors right? (this view would apply 360degrees around the building.)

[IMG]

In version "v6e" this would be the view while I am standing on the hill behind the sky box spot, or even when I am being double stacked and boosted up on the opposite side of the building. You are within my reach (via knife cut).

[IMG]

I hope these pictures help as why Harvey would say "v6" was illegal and "v6e" is not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.