Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Completed Maps started by GiGaBiTe, Dec 15, 2011

1. Mar 26, 2009

Change Log (from v6e):

- Grass texture changed to something more appropriate.
    - Tried to fix skybox null bug again (null now only visible from one small area in the map.)
    - Changed sun color, intensity and angles to illuminate more of the outside of the map.
    - Compiled with HDR lighting (experimental.)
    - Compiled with -StaticPropLighting (static props cast better shadows) and -StaticPropPolys (static props shadow themselves via polygon ray collision, most noticeable on trees.)
    - Lake water texture changed.
    - Fixed lake visblocker.
    - Added alternate secret entrance to garage.
    - Added fenced-in area around stacked cargo containers in back of building to create a barricade spot.
    - Added pit grinders.
    - Removed clip brushes on outside tram rail, replaced with trigger_hurt.

Inside (downstairs):
    - Replaced ugly wood and refracting glass texture on the ceiling lights with something more appropriate.
    - Fixed strange texture stretching bug on one light.
    - Fixed various lightmap and cubemap errors (some may still exist.)
    - Replaced useless room in the secondary hall, near the side building entrance with two bathrooms. Due to PVS limitations, only one bathroom could have a working mirror.
    - Moved stairs in the mirror floor box room, and made secret entrance wall opaque (to make it harder to hold for humans.)
    - Added meeting table to the large room under the catwalk to make it seem less empty.
    - Added light to secret "T" room on first floor.
    - Reclaimed some unused wall space to add another secret room (may or may not be kept.)

Inside (upstairs):
    - Changed annoyingly loud "steam drip" sound from gas chamber to a quieter gas hissing sound.
    - Split the pathway in the upstairs "T" room in half. Now instead of there being a push channel on the left and right, it's now in the center with walkways on both sides. This balance change was made because it's nearly impossible for zombies to attack humans in numbers holding that spot.
    - Added alternate entrance to the teleport platform to prevent camping.

2. Feb 21, 2007
    thanks. i'll put it up on the server today

EDIT: there was already a 6f version on the server. so I renamed it to 6g, so to avoid problems with ppl having wrong version.
  3. Mar 26, 2009
    There are two versions, they don't have the same name. There's moonlights stolen version which is zm_wtfhax_v6f_pf, and mine which is zm_wtfhax_v6f.

Renaming the map will fuck up the internally packed files and cause problems.

Also, one of the reasons I made this version was to get the other removed from the server, because this is unacceptable:

4. Sep 14, 2008
    Can you please try and not start that Moonlight drama again, please be more mature about it.
  5. Oct 29, 2010
    We did already have a v6f on the server at one point, so there would be problems with wrong versions.
  6. Nov 14, 2010
    I'm guilty of the stolen version. Moonlight decompiled, and changed a few things. She gave me the map for a few other edits, and I added the billboard. Not starting drama, just letting you know, not to be mad at her, be mad at me if anything. And if you have anything to say about it, keep it out of threads, and send me a message. Also "I apologize" - Send me message. +Good job.

Also, Retslag. Don't change the names of maps after they've been compiled. That messes things up. Ask the map editor to compile with another name if needed.
  7. Feb 21, 2007
    well then i cannot add it, because on the fastdl server there is already a map with that name on there, and thus (assuming) players already have a map with that name on there.
  8. Mar 26, 2009
    recompiled map with g

9. Feb 21, 2007
    ty. i'll put it on today. did you want me to test the winter beta too?
  10. Mar 26, 2009
  11. Sep 25, 2010
    All internal files do not reference to the map name except for cubemaps. So unless you rename your map before buildingcubemaps it doesnt make a difference.

Sources :
    Discussed and tested with nyro!
  12. Mar 26, 2009
    For some reason, zm_base_winter_beta3b makes the server crash, and I'd like to know why so can fix. There shouldn't be any missing files, unless the BSP got corrupt.

He renamed the map after the cubemaps were built, which would break every cubemap. Then when players tried to buildcubemaps, they'd get disconnected from server for having differing BSP versions.
  13. Nov 14, 2010
    Make a new thread for "zm_base_winter_beta3b" topic.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
  15. Mar 26, 2009
    I don't see what you're not understanding.