Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by dillinger, Feb 8, 2011

zm_wwt_twinsteel_v8 is a

good map 5 vote(s) 38.5%
bad map 8 vote(s) 61.5%
  1. Feb 1, 2011
    First off, hi. I've never posted here but I frequent the zm servers here. I <3 PLAGUEFEST!

Anyways, everyone has maps that they don't like to play, but in my opinion twinsteel is a horrible map any way you look at it and not anywhere near the quality of the other maps on #1 and #2 servers.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but the only two half decent spots on this map are mirrors images of eachother - the room with the narrow window and long hallway that you can shoot 5 soda machines into. It's either zombies win or CTs manage to hold off at one of these two identical spots.

Often if there are CTs there, zombies either do not know how to get there, or don't even try because they are too busy launching eachother around the map for shits and giggles.

I made it a poll because I know I don't speak for everyone! Just wanted to see what you all thought.

Jah bless,
    dillinger
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    That map is fun on limited ammo, but it's been so long since I've played it on unlimited I can't remember if the game play is shit or not. :confused: I think with any map it has its fans and also people that RTV it instantly because they despise it.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    It's a good map there's plenty of other spots to cade in also or hide
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    It's one of the few maps we have that don't require camping in a spot to survive the whole round, I love it.
  5. Feb 21, 2007
  6. Oct 10, 2010
  7. Jan 5, 2007
    It's a decent map when you have the right number of players for it. Most people just try to RTV it because they don't know how to use the good spots, or can't figure out how to kill people in them.
  8. Mar 26, 2009
    The entire map is made out of cargo containers, there is no visibility whatsoever and it causes awful framerates from everything being rendered. I say it needs to go.
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    It's a good map I love the change of pace with you running around trying to just outlast them. I never have any problem with framerates :razz:. I don't see why some people hate this map so much. Just learn to play on new things and adapt.
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    Meh, as far as I'm concerned the map is only on there for nostalgic reasons (when I revived PF on christmas day a few years back after having months of downtime... Server was full in minutes. Was the server's grand opening map)
  11. Aug 2, 2010
    Aside from the spawn point issue with the map, it's not too bad when you have a bunch of regs playing the map in the manner it's supposed to be played. Normally it just ends up being a crap map would people acting like turd buckets on the cannons and humans standing around in a circle jerk because the zombies are busy trying to kill each other with the cannons.