Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zm_zoleus_b4_day_pf01

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by TouchPad, Mar 11, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 29, 2010
    When you shoot or push a prop down this hole it gets completely blocked and I've never seen anyone being able to get through it or push it down. The underground becomes completely inaccessible.

[IMG]
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    I see what you mean. Does anyone have any feedback for a workaround, aside from editing the map?
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    There is also another problem with this hole. If a human jumps down this hole and doesn't move after falling in the water, the next human who jumps down dies because of falling. Which people use for griefing.
  4. May 15, 2011
    That looks like a bitch of a glitch and exploitation. I see it has been edited before, so I'll leave it to whom ever edited it the first time to edit it again. If whom ever edited it last doesn't edit it, I'll have one ready for upload by tomorrow.
  5. Jul 24, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Yuck no. Dx To much work. Displacements are a bitch. I'll just stick a physics clip around the hole so no props can be shoved down the hole, and make a trigger_push at the bottom so no one can block it.
    • Feb 11, 2012
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Only one fix is necessary, gentlemen!
    • May 15, 2011
      I was only fixing it if the original editor doesn't come do it since he'll have the .vmf for it. If he doesn't then I'd have done it, but now I'll let the young one have it. ^^

Edit: I'd just like to say, that whomever edited this map, your decompile protection can suck it, and I hate you. :grin:
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Until a mapper is able to address this issue by making the hole bigger to allow teleporting of players and props or preventing the props reaching the hole anyone doing so will now be considered "Griefing". Everyone will need to be warned at the beginning of the round that deliberately placing props in the hole is illegal and the individual doing so will be banned for their effort. If someone does deliberately place a prop down the hole, they can be banned for up to 60 minutes.

Thanks for Devious Toast for this recommendation until a permanent solution can be found.

http://plaguefest.com/wiki/zm-zoleus-b4-day-pf01/
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Never would have thought about this happening to start with... Nice catch TouchPad!
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Map has been updated to prevent prop blocking therefore this is no longer an issue.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.