Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZMP

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by AgoraphobicDream, Mar 4, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 19, 2010
    Why is this server up if nobody is in it? Could we like turn it into anoter ze or something?
    Maybe zm2 again?
    Or a gun game or hide and seek server.
    :question:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 15, 2011
      Nuuuuuu~ At least wait till summer. If it doesn't pick up by then I agree, but I really enjoy ZMP when it is full, and I'm hoping it will pick up again after school is finished. It use to be full 24/7.
    • Nov 19, 2010
      I played in this server before when it was full but now its like you cant even get 4 people in it...
    • Apr 1, 2012
      I think ZE 2 would just end up the same way (ghost town most of the time), also applies to any 2nd server we're going to have.
      idk how the management are running the servers (contracts, leasing, or are they owned, terms and conditions etc etc)
      Personally if it's possible, imo transforming it into another game's server would be great but not sure if there would be enough people to keep the server in a reasonably filled state
    • Nov 19, 2010
      I actually liked when pF had the gun game server and the hide and seek server was good till it died out.
      the gun game server was fun but it was mostly admins...
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        There's no reason to take down ZMP, we can put up more servers if the need arises.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Although something like surf/bhop mix would be pretty badass in place of it. Even back in the summer, I don't remember ZMP hitting above 20, but it didn't require a lot of resources, right?

Whenever somebody says ZE 2 server, Brian loses 10 hairs on his head, and grows 1 gray one.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Nov 19, 2010
            Well it is just sitting here when it could be turned into something useful and fun I was just wondering why it is still up..
          • Apr 9, 2007
          • Nov 19, 2010
            Lol @ Brian thing but zmp was fun back then & I'm hoping for it to pick up or more fun servers.
            Post Merged, Mar 4, 2013

but its empty!!
          • Dec 6, 2011

1. Why did we ever stop with zm_impossibru? I thought we had a great thing going and over 8 current maps.

2. Did we scrap the idea for a bhop/surf/etc. server? I thought we had somethin' cookin' in the kitchen in terms of a new, low-resource server.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Impossibru was a good idea, but even the impossibru maps that are on the ZM server aren't exactly popular. I mean, i enjoy most of them, but other players don't tend to like them. To get an impossibru server going, we would need many more mappers to make some more impossibru maps.

Also, although ZMP is empty, we've had to test some maps on there before putting them on the regular ZM server incase it were to crash the server. So, having a spare ZM like server isn't bad for that, but it's still pretty much useless.

I like the idea of a bhop/surf/etc. server. The MG server currently lacks a lot of surf maps, but a lot of the mini games ones have bhop. Unfortunately on the MG server half the people on there don't know how to bhop. But if there was a bhop/surf server, it would probably kill off MG. If there is going to be another server, it would probably have to be something unrelated to Zombie Mod or Mini Games type things. There are thousands of mods our there, I'm sure we could come up with something a little bit different.

With that said, Surf, bhop, another ZM or ZE, and Zombie Riot have all been suggested time and time again, but i don't think it's ever worked out for long. So, if anything, try looking into something that is fun and could attract more players, but also doesn't relate to anything PF already has.
          • Nov 19, 2010
          • Nov 6, 2011
            brian and kyle hate us so they wont give us a customs or stock maps server
            I asked for a ze2 server this summer but roots said NO!!! Also, ZMP was a good server. I don't think it will ever get full like the old days again. All DS have their own server now.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Maybe I didn't explain it properly. If we wanted more/new servers we could do that, we have the space with or without ZMP so there is no reason to remove it.
          • Nov 19, 2010
            Ze is doing fine atm. but like a gun game or crack house server would be fun i think...
            Post Merged, Mar 4, 2013
            So you leave it to just sit there??
          • Nov 6, 2011
            its just a waste of space even if we do have room for more servers its just a waste
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              It's not hurting anything, I like it for occasionally testing illegal spots since we lost ZM2, but there's really just not any point to take it down.
              Post Merged, Mar 4, 2013
              A waste of what?
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Nov 19, 2010
                Okay well i was just wondering cuz we could have fun.. I actually thought about maybe a de_dust server since randoms can't go in the training server..
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.