Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Build War!

Discussion in Future Servers started by PhantomBlack, Aug 19, 2012

1. Mar 10, 2012

General:
    • Gameplay would be separated into two phases: the construction phase and the outbreak phase. The construction phase would simply be a period of ~30-60 seconds where players can build without worrying about being chased by zombies, where as at the end of construction, the initial zombies are selected and the outbreak ensues.
    • Players would still be allowed to build during the outbreak phase, however, there would be a delay between props spawning and props becoming solid.
    • Maps would be stripped of all existing prop_* entities at the start of each round, so only player creations would exist.
    • A "anti-zombie nuke" would likely be detonated at the end of the map, which would slay any remaining zombies, ensuring that the rounds end in a fair manner. However, for the last 60 seconds prior to the nuke's arrival, zombies would receive speed/gravity increases, making gameplay more harrowing.
    Props:
    • Players would have two types of props, static and dynamic, and limited quantities of both.
    • Props that are static will remain rigid regardless of external sources, such as grenades, gunfire, and zombies.
    • Dynamic props, however, would be affected by external sources, but will have higher health than static props.
    • Players will likely receive a 1/3 ratio of static/dynamic props, with 10/20 sounding like a decent amount. Static props would make ideal barriers for choke points, where dynamic props could be used to clutter hallways.
    • Both categories of props will be able to be destroyed by zombies, via knifing. The more damage a prop receives, the more color/transparency it'll receive, in addition to notifying the owner/zombie of the prop's health.
    • Certain props, that are considered over powered, will have a limitation to the number that can be spawned. For example, concrete pipes, may only allow 1 to be spawned per player.
    • Donators will not have the ability to spawn saved bases - instead they'll have access to different props which improve odds of survival, such as concrete tubes.
    • Props may be tied to the player's cash, being given 16k each round and weapon purchases not affecting their build cash. Deleting a prop would return the cost spent to purchase it. Bigger props would cost more, effectively limiting a player's ability to spawn 30 Huge Crates -- rather they may only be able to spawn 5, and 10 cardboard boxes.
    Unconfirmed:
    • An !rtd system that will be specific to Zombies. Humans will not have the ability to rtd. In general, all zombies will be the same type, with the same health/speed/etc. If they !rtd, they will have the chance to transform into various unique zombies, gain health/speed/gravity/jump perks/ etc. There will also be a chance for negative perks, such as lower health/speed/gravity/jump/blindness/beacon/etc.
    • Possibility for props that explode/freeze on destruction.
    • Possibility for zombies to throw body parts, at random, to damage props / chance of infecting players. Body parts would include both legs, both eyes (33% blind for each eye), one arm, and perhaps a few others.
    • Possibility for zombies to roar, which'll inflict a fear status on nearby humans, making their screen shake slightly / vision blur / etc.
    • Possibility for humans to have weapon perks, that may be accessed prior to the outbreak.
    • Possibility for humans to have separated classes, that may be accessed prior to the outbreak.
    • Possibility for the infection to temporarily stun the infected human, allowing the infection to run its course, allowing other humans to get away. The zombie would receive 75% less damage while stunned, to make it fair.
    Possibility for an escape-style prop mod, where humans will be able to conjure props out of their asses and chunk them at zombies while attempting to flee. These props may explode, freeze, etc on contact.
  2. May 28, 2012
    Do you want someone to make it? I can make it in the form of a map that enable and disables plugins a well. If so, start a convo with me !

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    You copy-pasted this whole thread from another forum, why? The idea sounds interesting though.
  4. Mar 10, 2012
    Tony I posted at another server's forum,I so lazy to write again so I copy and paste in this forum
    Post Merged, Aug 19, 2012
  5. May 31, 2012
    I believe this could be do-able without a plugin with a template system. It could use game_ui, a camera screen and a few templates (I wouldn't use more than 10-12, including static and dynamic props). When the player pressed X and Y keys (say A and D for the time the spawning is enabled) the screen would change, adding/subtracting one to a math counter. If pressed another button (for example E, Space, etc) it would compare the math_counter with a logic_case with values 1-12 (both limits of the counter) and, on each case, it would tell the TemplateN to spawn, being it a parented env_entity_spawner. I am not really good with game_uis, but I think this could work; it would just need to be templated later so that the whole system was spawnable for all players. However, this would eat up a lot of entities (I'm counting around 960 without spawning anything, and I might still be short in my numbers)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 10, 2012
    • May 14, 2011
      The hell, phantom you have never made any remotely useful threads.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Oh noes. Brians got a cant stop staring at it profile pic.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          What exactly are you disagreeing with from my post? The entities used, not using a plugin or what?
        • May 14, 2011
          This guy is either stupid or a troll, dont mind him. :razz:
        • May 31, 2012
          Well, the system seems interesting. Maybe -with some mapper helping me with the game_ui since I'm not good with those- I could make something out of it for ze_banana's engineers (for example, they could build walls, turrents, mines and laz0rs(?)). Making a map with all players using it, however, seems kinda too heavy entity-wise; maybe with fewer props...
        • May 5, 2012
          i can do nothing but laugh at phantomblack :razz: doesnt even answer on envio's question ^^ maybe he is not here, oh well.
          Good thinking though, Enviolinador.
        • May 14, 2011
          Well Ive played around a bit with gameui. But you have to consider the fact that anyone with a game ui attached would lagg when they walk.
        • May 28, 2012
          That's to hard envio... Just make it a button that spawns a prop and right click changes which prop it spawns. Zombie abilities i would work with, but seems fairly easy to make into a map

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
        • Mar 10, 2012
          :grin: Ghost I'm really a stupid and crazy girl. I argee what u say
          Pressed wrongly
          But I think server will be good if PlagueFest launch it