Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape #2

Discussion in Future Servers started by Ray, Mar 29, 2011

Should we open a second ZE server?

Yes. It will help us expand 16 vote(s) 47.1%
No. It will take players away from ZE #1. 13 vote(s) 38.2%
Undecided. 5 vote(s) 14.7%
  1. Aug 18, 2006
    I have been getting many suggestions to open a second Zombie Escape server recently, as ZombieEscape is almost always full. While I believe it would be nice to have a second server, I have mixed opinions about it.

Im mainly concerned about ZE #2 taking players away from ZE #1. Plus, I am not sure this would be a wise course of action since we are trying to expand more outside of the ZombieMod/Escape realm. If you vote, please post in this topic and explain why you chose the option that you did. If we did do open a new ZombieEscape server, it would give me a good opportunity to add more content to the server (mainly zombie skins, since the ZE server is lacking compared to ZM).

Either way, I do plan on opening a second ZE server when we expand into the UK. This poll is to help me decide whether or not to put up a second ZE server in the US on the current box (which is running out of space to put more servers on)
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    As I've already said a few times, ZM1 isn't cracked so while ZM2 hurt ZM1, we won't have the same problem with ZE1 unless we uncrack it.
    I'm down for a second one.
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    Ive never seen ZE1 full for long anyways, people are constantly rage quitting for multiple reasons. The money would be better spent on a new type of server.
  4. Feb 21, 2007
    Im against it, I'd rather have a nearly full ZE server and some other kind of server, than two 1/2 full ZE servers.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    We have a dedicated server which isn't being used to it's full potential yet. By not utilizing all of it's resources, we are essentially wasting money. Putting up another ZE server wouldn't cost us money.
  6. Jul 14, 2010
    Since ZE is almost always full when I see it, I think ZE2 is a necessity. Yes
  7. Mar 16, 2008
    People normally go to the more full server, It's a lot less likely people from ZE1 would ever join ZE2
  8. Jan 30, 2011
    I'm all for it, sometims I need to wait 10 mins or so to get into ZE. So having a second ZE server would give those other people a server to join when ZE1 is full. Who knows, maybe both servers will turn out to be full.
  9. Dec 18, 2010
    I disagree, the server is barely ever full so there is no point in having a secondary zombie escape server.
    Before zombie escape mode i used to play cs 1.6 zombie infection mode with laser mines (tripmines) and it was pretty cool,maybe you should make a server for zombie mode with tripmines like this: http://forums.allied...ead.php?t=70782 and give some sort of abilities to humans and zombies like triple/double jump or speed and a parachute.As a zombie it was quite a challange to jump between the lasers without touching one and run after the humans to infect them,it requires teamwork to create an effective barricade with lasers/tripmine ..just an idea,ignore it if you dont like it.
    The important thing is: dont waste your time and money ,better spend it on something else.

So my answer is no,like restlag said:
    "I'd rather have a nearly full ZE server and some other kind of server, than two 1/2 full ZE servers. " -he is so damn right.
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    The server does get full, especially on the weekends...
  11. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally like Josh's philosophy of having the fullest server possible to motivate people to obtain donor packages with Reserved Slots. This will allow people to join even when the server is full. Until such time that the server is 90% busy every day during a 8 hour window, I would personally hold off.

Edit: Sometimes, less is more..
  12. Dec 18, 2010
    Ok,let`s say that we will have a secondary zombie escape server but there could be a problem so here is an interesting fact.
    Most of the players from zombie escape server donated for this community because they couldn`t catch a slot on zombie escape server,a second zombie escape server might discourage the others to donate for your community because they wont need to pay (not anymore) to have a reserved slot on zombie escape server.

Sometimes it's better to leave the thing as they are.

E: Lol Cazador,zombie escape with unlimited ammo looks cheap.
  13. Mar 14, 2011
    I think it would be great. Also, you could try something direrent from the current ZE, like infinite ammo.

Btw, I'm glad to read there will be a pF Ze server at UK. Much better for my latency :grin:
  14. Jan 25, 2011
    You have to remember that css is a dieing game. A lot of people have left for games like cod black ops and left 4 dead 2, plus whenever a new game comes out like diablo 3, brink, and crysis 2, you are ganna have more and more css players quiting. So id have to say im against opening a new ze server cuze like i said css is just old anymore and its losing players for newer, next gen games.

And im suprised that you said the ze server is usually full. From what iv seen its almost always at 20-45 players, plus whenever the map changes people leave, depending on the map that it changed to.
  15. Feb 23, 2009
    There would be advantages and disadvantages to it. Would you be apposed to trying it for a short amount of time and seeing how the population is and if it does not work out as planning having another vote to determined the fate of it. ( I personally don't know what it takes to set up a server). If the time and effort would be to much for just a test I would say keep thing as they are now and try out some other mods. I would put my vote in for a surf server but that is just because I am a surf junkie.
  16. Aug 18, 2006
    CS:S has been hovering around the ~70k mark for ages.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It's significantly more popular than MW2. And Black Ops.

CS:S is not dying. Quite the contrary actually.. CS 1.6 is over 10 years old and it still has slightly more players than CS:S.

http://stats.plaguefest.com/hlstats.php?game=ze

ZE maintains 40+ players for at least 50% of the time it's up.
  17. Mar 20, 2011
    The main reason I came here was because of the full servers. It is just not fun with an empty server. I had to wait about three minutes to get on the escape server the other day and I was just fine. It gave me time to open my beer.

Cheers
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    Didn't you buy admin? You should be in the Server Admin group, and if so, you don't have to wait to join any server. Just type 'connect ze.plaguefest.com' in console when the server is full. I've bumped you up to the server admin group, you should now have access to the private admin only section.

Now about ZE2, personally I'm pretty neutral on the whole idea. Yes it gets full but only on weekends and in afternoons of weekdays, it isn't consistently full and we also have to have a server where admins & donators can actually utilize their perks (reserve slot). I would hold off on a 2nd server for now, but it's a good possibility for the near future... I just don't want to rule out the possibility of other NEW servers with copies of current servers taking up cores on the box, but if there was one server that could use a 2nd copy I guess ZE comes the closest, even if it isn't quite there yet. :confused:
  19. Nov 30, 2010
    I voted no. Don't think we need it. If ZE1 was 100% full all the time then yes. The over flow would go to ZE2 and we would have 2 servers with plenty of people on them. I thought the Owners were looking at moving towards other types of servers(Not just Zombie based?)
  20. Mar 4, 2011
    Sure :smile: , server is mostly full and for the people who don't want to play a map they can switch over to ze2 i guess.

Don't make it unlimited ammo ze people will probably just pin zombies which isn't fun as a zombie :angry: