Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape, 60 -> 64 MAX PLAYERS?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Noodles, Feb 19, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I was wondering why the zombie escape server didn't have 64 player slots? It gets full a lot, and could use a few more slots...
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    we've gone over this quite a bit. 64 players is a lot of people, Ray has been experimenting if I remember correctly, but I think we'll stay with 60 for now. Plus, we want people to be buying donator anyways =P

64 people would be a problem on some maps regarding server crashes (predator for one), so it may not be the best for now.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    Some of the ze maps are very resource intensive and Ray has discovered that 60 is a good number at this time.

Keep in mind that pF has the highest capacity ze server in the world at this time.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 21, 2007
      be happy its at 60. It used to be 48 and then was 52 for a while. ZE is the most resource intensive of all the mods, and thus difficult to get it to run smoothly on all maps. Hence why we have some problems with crashing and glitching on some maps.

In fact, if you were following the minas thread, people are advocating to lower the max number back down to 52 or 48, in an attempt to see if minas will be stable.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 18, 2011
        But don't worry, the roots (mainly ray) are constantly testing the limits of the server and configing it, tweaking it, so its ready for more slots. So sometime in the future we could play minas on a 64 slot server and never have an issue with physics.
      • Dec 30, 2011
        Minas got taken off the server because issues were arising after increasing the player slots from 58 to 60.

Imagine what might happen if we increase it further!!
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Minas was removed for causing the Physical Mayhem bug. Nothing to do with player slots.

If you're looking for a tl;dr, the map is changing collision groups when it shouldn't be.
        • Informative Informative x 3
        • Dec 30, 2011
          My mistake, Ray told us it's what happens when player slots are increased
        • Apr 9, 2007