Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:GO Zombie Escape Crashes & Server Issues

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Tony The Tiger, May 22, 2016

1. Feb 27, 2012
    This will be a pinned thread for anyone to log any crashes, server issues, or the general of something not working. Any topic from hereon will be merged with this one, to keep it all in one place.

If you encounter any issues that need to be brought up about the CSGO Zombie Escape server, please post them in this thread.
    Please keep any spam, off-topic conversations out whilst keeping general discussion to a minimum; This is strictly for listing server/tech issues.
    Failure to do so will result in a warn increase, and/or post deletion.

Thank you.
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 25, 2012
      Server is still located in Canada appealing nobody.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Western Europe, Eastern and Central United States... etc... where are you?
    • May 25, 2012
      Deep Texas. Since the server was located in Texas before it was quite low. Now it's a constant 90~110 latency in the server. Not excessive from what it used to be but it's not as fun. Joining a Chicago server sometimes yields the same but lower. California is always an awful experience for an awful state and the east (New England territory) is always great which is nearly around you guys but is lower in latency. The increase comparing New England to Canada is small to be ignored but I don't see why it has to be located in Canada of all places when your option for something a tad bit closer for all is there.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      There's some really odd issue(s) going on with stability, and from what i know this issue has been around since the ZEGO server went up:
      ------------
      One of the things happening (the one that i noticed the most) is that players who gets teleported/respawn/both gets an offset position, mostly resulting in them getting stuck in a wall/object or the void.
      ------------
      Another issue i've had are these random disconnects specifically from zego.plaguefest.com. At first it looks like a server crash, but people are still in-game with no issues.
      I have no internet issues as i can surf the web and search/update for CSGO servers in the browser.
      The only server that doesn't respond is zego when trying to update my favorites, other servers respond/update just fine.
      This usually lasts for 2-5 minutes. After that i can finally see/rejoin the server without issues.
      I am not fully sure how many others there are that also experience it, but i would be really surprised if i am the only one as i've never experienced this on other servers.
      ------------
      Finally, there may or may not be some instability with map logic. This is not confirmed or anything. It might just have been something map-specific or simply a player-fault, but it would be good to mention in case we experience further weird stuff on other maps.
      > We were playing on pirates_port_royal.
      > 1st stage (i think) where you need to press E on all cannons to continue to the prison area.
      > Pressed the 4 cannons, nothing happened, we got stuck there until the end of time pretty much (the music even ended)
      It was almost like some event/output didn't trigger. Is there perhaps something further we have to do at that part on top of pressing E on the cannons?
      If this is a known issue in that specific part of the map, please let us know.
      ------------
    • Oct 25, 2013
      You can't press on the cannons while having an item, are you sure you weren't just pressing on the cannons with items picked up?
    • Feb 27, 2012
      FWIW To my TS server which is located in Arlington, Texas, i get 50-55 ping. Even to California (Westminster area) i get like 80-90.How can your latency be that high? Also, a German friend of mine often says that when i host an Arma 2 server as opposed to the guy in California, he gets a significantly better ping. Usually 200 when connected to California, he gets 110-120 connected to me.
      Post Merged, May 23, 2016
      I'm going to need to test this will you later. I'm not particularly familiar with the map. It's been a long time since i've played it.

I've had this happen to me before, but it seems to happen to everything. When i try and visit websites and whatnot. Seems like a DNS issue to me. I sometimes drop connection from my Teamspeak (but not all the time), forums won't refresh, etc. I don't usually drop from everything though. Like i can stay in the ZM server, but lose connection to everything else. If you're using a custom DNS, try using the default one. Or if you are using the default one, look for a different one to use. This website has a list of them with reliability percentage. http://public-dns.info/ Once i went back to my default one, everything started working fine again.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        The cannons were all sparking and we had multiple people going up/down there trying it.
        You can press it when holding an item, you just have to stand on top of the button and look straight down on the button.
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Not a map issue. This should get players to learn NOT to trigger with a map important item (especially the ones with one time uses).
      • Oct 25, 2013