Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Zombie Escape Crashes & Server Issues

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Peter, Dec 26, 2011

1. May 27, 2008
    This will be a pinned thread for anyone to log any crashes, server issues, or the general of something not working. Any topic from hereon will be merged with this one, to keep it all in one place.

If you encounter any issues that need to be brought up about the ZE server, please post them in this thread.
    Please keep any spam, off-topic conversations out whilst keeping general discussion to a minimum; This is strictly for listing server/tech issues.
    Failure to do so will result in a warn increase, and/or post deletion.

Don't bother posting if it crashes on Minas or Predator. Those are map issues. NOT server issues.

Thank you.
    • Useful Useful x 1
      Peter, Dec 26, 2011 Last edited by Brian, Nov 9, 2013
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Just crashed on 'ze_gibletz_establishment_b6'.
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Before the valve updates all the servers were running for weeks without any crashes. I am sure the updates have caused some compatibility problems with zm as well.
    • Aug 18, 2006

- Cleaned up some old shit files (including Clientprefs database. Might've been corrupt. Everyone's zombie/human preference is reset)
      - Updated SourceDS install
      - Updated MetaMod
      - Updated SourceMod
      - Updated SDKHooks

Will this fix the issue? Who knows.
    • Feb 18, 2011

As an added note this is a thread about fixes and crashes, people don't have to type a paragraph talking about their personal feelings because the server is having troubles. If you want you can add that to the original post so there are no fights or people getting pissed about it.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Just crashed on "ze_LOTR_Minas_Tirith_v2_2fix".
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Don't even bother posting if it crashes on Minas or Predator. Those are map issues. NOT server issues.
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Just a quick update. I just disabled sv_parallel_sendsnapshot since it's been shown to cause stability issues. Hopefully it fixes at least some of the crashing issues.

[UPDATE #2] Fixed (thanks Kyle) and added the Weapon Cleanup plugin. This will remove weapons that were dropped by a player after 30 seconds. This should help reduce server CPU load and reduce crashing (and lag) as a result of too many entities being created..

[UPDATE #3] Re-added ze_predator_ultimate_v3. Ammo lag refill issue is probably not fixed still. Going to tackle that issue here very shortly.

[UPDATE #4] Lol, more fixes...
    • Sep 25, 2010
    • Aug 18, 2006

Seriously. Did some of you not even bother reading the first post?
    • Feb 21, 2007
      ^ Same thing happened on Minas Tirith earlier, some zombies died, the rest stayed alive while the dead kept respawning until the server crashed. Server related?
    • Feb 24, 2011
      I'm confirming that the ammo lag still isn't fixed, good luck with fixing it :wink:

I also noticed a couple of issues that could (and probably will) be fatal:

* a trigger_multiple wouldn't trigger at all so the players got stuck at the holdspot untill the zombies took over, this only happened on one round of the few we played untill it crashed (predator hard boss arena lag caused the crash)

* some zombies seems to have really low -- no knockback at all, is it just me noticing that one? Anyways it could serve as a great challenge for the server, i like challenge.

I saw these things while playing predator (and yes i read the first post), but the map itself shouldn't have caused any of those issues as i can see it. I've never heard anyone mention to me that that trigger got glitched as i can remember it.

Hope this could be some help to you.
    • Dec 20, 2011
      Yeah, things with players not being able to move on because triggers don't go has been happening a lot lately. Not sure if it's a server issue or something caused by a recent source update. I know last night we saw it happen on parking, and parking's not really ever had any problems that I know of.
    • Aug 18, 2006
      Can this trigger_multiple issue be reproduced, or does it just seem to happen randomly? I've heard about the Zombie KB issue before, but I am not sure what could cause that either...
    • Jul 19, 2011
      I am not sure if it is just pf that is having this issue because I was on a french server and the same thing was happening with the trigger_multiple
    • Sep 25, 2010
      It seems to happen randomly. It happened again on mako and predator today. There where two triggers that didn't trigger. Any recent changes done that can have caused this?
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Another trigger failed to activate on helms deep.

Edit:> Same trigger didn't trigger on mako.

These are getting more frequent now.
    • Jul 4, 2011
      Some things I've noticed recently that happens at random;

Biohazard - Door never opens and the zombies never gets out (after the first holding point).
      Isla Nublar - Some breakables such as fences are gone as well as the special weapons.
      Minas Tirith - The zombies doesn't die (stage 4), gate never opens (beginning of stage 3), the end door never opens (stage 1).
      Mako Reactor - Bahamut (the boss) never spawns.

As Detonator said, these things are starting to occur more frequently now.