Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape Private Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Taelz, Aug 26, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 30, 2011
    After playing minas 20 minutes ago i started to get frustrated how we had ALOT of people who had no idea how to do certain things and in the end we couldnt even get to extreme mode.

So i had an idea, that plaguefest could have some type of private zombie escape server i dont know how we would sort out who gets on the server, but it would be atleast people who knew what they were doing and that could auctually contribute to the team.

If you've ever played on one of the big maps on Zombie Escape like predator, or minas, mako, etc. You would probably know that plaguefest rarely ever wins things on anything other then normal diffuculty, when we do usally we have all the admins and good players on, with that being said i'd like to propose an idea for a private Zombie Escape #2 server that didnt have people who had no clue what to do, my guess that it could be 40-45 slots or something and like i said it would be a place where if you knew how the map worked, where all the things are, where to go, etc.

Like i said i dont know how we could sort out who gets in and who doesnt, but this is all just an idea and i think alot of people would probably agree and some who dont but im not saying take away Zombie Escape server so people cant play on it, but just have this for players and admins who dont feel like failing :razz: Because honestly plaguefest isnt the best group for zombie escape mostly because we have random people who join, and they might be having fun following everyone, fighting off zombies, and all that but others, like me get frustrated when they dont pick up somethign or they end up destroying a barricade because they were just looking around and not keeping up...

Im going to end this rant now, but i hope people will consider this idea for a future servers. :thumbsup:

(By the way, i dont mean to sound like a stuck-up dick, but its just my opinion)
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Plaguefest wins plenty of times. There's really no need for a server where it will probably end up being admins-only. You just need at least one person who knows what they're doing with a mic. For example, Kyron and Burnout are able to lead the server through Minas and predator pretty easily. Also, the point of the maps you listed (predator, Mako, Minas) is to be very difficult for the server to beat, with the exception of Mako.
  3. May 15, 2011
    Bleh. :yucky:

Maybe a Private VIP server though... :razz:
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Spending more money to get less activity? Sounds counter-productive to me...
  5. Mar 19, 2011
    You just have to live with the fail it's part of pF Ze and probably won't change anytime in the near future. We don't need a private server, of course it is frustrating when all the fail occurs but it's pretty Damn Awesome when we Win. It takes time to learn maps most people who play on the Ze server aren't really too skilled but after time they learn and get better. But Even so those maps are difficult either way but they are not impossible just give it time. A second server really isn't needed and you have to take into account that if you did have nothing but skilled players then there are also skilled zombies as well so it ends up balancing out. Just live it with it and accept like everyone else who is a regular on Ze does.
  6. Sep 22, 2010
    Abso-fucken-lutely.... not.
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    We tried a second Zombie Escape server. It didn't work out so well. I can imagine a second private ZE server will do even worse.
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    I remember once, I accidentally took Gandalf.

I meant to take cavalry.

What ensued? Well. . .to sum it up: Failsaurus Rex was extremely proud of me that round. My teammates? Not so much. . .

I never admitted I was that fail Gandalf -- until now. LOL
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    And I rm -Rf'd that server today. Weee
  10. Jan 30, 2011
    I dunno, to me this sounds a little bit like elitism. Thinking just because you are good at a few certain maps that there will be a private server where you probably won't encounter any noobs. Which IMO is a little.... immature. Believe me, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything of the sort, but like Ray has stated, we had a public ze #2 server and it was rarely, rarely played on. Now imagine it being a private server, with only a select few able to join. It would make it pretty much just a waste of space moreso then the public ze #2 server was.

I'd say just stick with the zombie escape server that pF has now, and suffer through it. Yes, there are noobs, yes even the best players on the server can still be noobs, yes there will still be fails. But there can also be extraordinary wins. Like today on biohazard, there were about 12 or so humans holding off 20+ zombies at the end of the map, began being overrun by them. Only two humans made it to the chopper and won the match for the humans, myself, and some other CT that I can't really remember, but he was friendly and chatty, which could have worked to our winning. I'm not sure. I'm fine with the only ZE server we have, good for a few laughs and can win when the players want to.
  11. Mar 25, 2011
    Not to mention, if the server somehow did maintain a populace by admins and 1337 pr0s then there would probably be no enforcement on the other ZE server. But i think this is already a big no.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    It was a big no before there were any replies. :confused:

So with that, :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.