Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape: Should alltalk be enabled, or disabled?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Ray, Apr 20, 2011

Zombie Escape: Should alltalk be enabled, or disabled?

Disabled. It will help both teams to be strategic 12 vote(s) 37.5%
Enabled. It's fine the way it is 20 vote(s) 62.5%
  1. Aug 18, 2006
    Another potential change I was thinking about doing...

I think it may be a good idea to disable alltalk on ZE. This would allow the teams to strategize without letting the other team hear your plans. Zombies have also been trolling humans by telling them to "fall back" when they are trying to hold a position, and some humans do, and a lot of the time when that happens, the CT's lose as a result. Additionally, it would help clear up the mic clusterfuck that's always going on.

The ONLY downside I can think of is not being able to hear every player on the server, but that is more of a mixed bag, IMO.
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Well in some cases this is appropriate, but I also like to hear the whole server talking. I'd have to say no, no one should be listening to zombies anyway.
  3. Feb 1, 2011
    Not going to vote since I don't play ZE enough. It would be a yes (disable it) from me though, since ZE relies much more on strategy compared to ZM.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    My primary concern is that admins have the ability to listen and communicate to both sides.
  5. Mar 25, 2011
    maybe we could have alltalk disabled, i mean, if it were possible to have an admin command to listen to one team or the other.
  6. Mar 13, 2010
    Agreed with this. Admins should have it set to be kept on so that way we can hear everything going on. It's more confusing for us, but if it's just admins that hear someone yell fall back and do so, usually that's only 2 or 3 people playing in game at any one time. So yeah, take it off for normal players, leave it for admins.
  7. Jan 30, 2011
    I voted yes, disable it. I play too much on ze server and almost every round on every map there is always some zombie that says 'fall back' and half the team goes back to the gate/door and practically screws over the team.
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    Leave all talk enabled. It would make it harder on admins to do their job (a player could spam racism over the mic and admin couldn't hear it), most importantly for ppl breaking rules over the mic, and secondly, ppl like to talk to each other all the time (it occurs constantly, and even with all talk on, ppl still rally zombies and whatnot)
  9. Mar 4, 2011
    Enable it, I hate when its disable so hard to communicate.. But the downside of enable is zombies tricking humans >_> , can admin like warn them or something for doing this v.v?
  10. Mar 19, 2011
    I am all for the server not having all-talk. However I do agree with the other admins on the issue of monitoring both sides and if we can't find a solution then just leave all talk enabled.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Leave it the way it is.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    Leave thy divine alltalk enabled!
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    I can't see it making a difference on any map if the zombies could hear the plan or not. People don't even listen to the plan anyway. Keep it as it is. We could punish zombies who troll other players and grief them by muting them etc.
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    I say disable alltalk, but maybe if it's possible let admins still be able to hear something.
    It's good for 2 reasons, the plans on certain maps won't be blown because a random guy didn't think about zombies hearing it when talking over the mic.
    It makes it easier to hear other players on your team, instead of a spam from 20 people, you'll hear like 10 people speaking.

Trust me, it adds another element into the gameplay.
  15. Apr 13, 2011
    I personally like the idea. It brings a new element to ZE. I say like just trial it out on the server one night if people like it better then keep all talk off but if the people during the trial dont like have all talk off then put it back on.
  16. Feb 20, 2011
    This game is almost no-tactics anyway. Nothing tactical would become of it, I play for the social experience mainly.
  17. Feb 17, 2011
    well this game does involve tactics on some maps actually lol

but its more fun with all talk on
  18. Mar 16, 2008
    I see alltalk as hurting zombies 90% of the time because they can't work on how they are going to attack when humans can counter anything they hear. I would agree that having it disabled would make admin life harder but at the same time, We normally have more than one admin on the server. Disabling it would hurt and benefit the players because a lot of people come for the people who are playing and not the actual game.
  19. Mar 17, 2011
    I agree. If this will benefit the players more, then I'm all for it.
  20. Jan 18, 2011
    Dudes, I've played zombie escape for as long as its been around and while it might be more tactically beneficial to separate the players from hearing one another, that instead ruins the social experience for the players.

See, zombie mod isn't really about winning or losing, nobody really takes it all that serious. Those that do, merely get taunted (U MAD BRO?). This is a social experience, and if some players don't check to see if its a zombie talking to them, although its easy enough to notice the sound bar in red, then they will be tricked anyways because the zombies will just say it in text.

I prefer to talk and taunt the players on the other team. Besides its less about tactics and more about running and shooting.