Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape : The Goblin Escape (from The Hobbit Movie)

Discussion in Work in Progress (WIP) started by Captain Jack, May 5, 2013

1. Apr 25, 2013
    Warning : This threat can contain some spoil about The Hobbit movie.

Before I begin the presentation, i'm sorry for my shitty english. Try to understand ( if you didnt have seen the movie, it will be hard ^^)

What is this project ? What is about ?

It's a Zombie Escape map about the movie "The Hobbit : an unexpected journey" , particulary the final scene when Bilbon and the Dwarves escape from the Goblin Cave.

PART 1 :

PART 2 :

What is the difficulty of the map ?

This map will be a bit hard to win. Humans has to play as a team for winning this. If this is too harder, maybe i'll split it into 2 or 3 difficulty.

Does it will contains items ?

For Zombies, they're 2 items :
    - A Goblin character : they're 2. It gives you 40.000 HP and 20% speed

- A Goblin rider: only 1. It gives you 30.000 HP and 30% speed

For humans , they're 4
    - The Gandalf Staff: it push zombies back for 10 secondes. It has 1minutes cool-down.

- The Spiked Maul ( it hurts zombies and burns them for 3 seconds )

- The Sword ( it hurts zombies and kills them instantanously (including Goblin characters )
    - The Shield : it creates a barrier of shields for 5 seconds. Zombies can destroy or jump over it.

Others items :

The map also contains others items :
    - cades (like in Minas Tirith)

- players-controlable cannons

I have also add another secret item...

Screenshots :

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

An alpha version of the map is already available :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0yrn96

If you have suggestions, post here.
    • Like Like x 13
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 3
      Captain Jack, May 5, 2013 Last edited by Captain Jack, Aug 1, 2013
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Awesome idea! Don't try to rush the map, it will result in having alot of bugs. Can't really say anything because i'm not a mapper..yet, but keep it up!
    • Aug 22, 2012
      I was actually hoping someone would make an escape map based of this part while watching the movie XD
    • Jun 18, 2012
      You don't have to be a mapper to have opinions/suggestions about a WIP, if you simply play a shitload of time, your opinion can be just as valuable. (Of course if it comes to mapping, and the subject involves entities and whatnot it doesn't apply.)

That said, from what I read now, the holds seem a little long maybe? I haven't seen the movie but it seems (?) you want to stick to it, but I'd say be creative and add some of your own holds and lower the 50 secs, cause ussually after about 30 secs a hold gets boring. As for the difficulty don't lower it, it's fine when a map is a little harder than expected, players will just have to work together better.

Looks good so far, hope to see more about it soon.
    • Mar 8, 2013
      looks great man, can't wait to play it. I was thinking of making a ZE Hobbit map myself at one point, but opted against it due to the extensive modelling-work involved (but also because I'm already working on two massive map projects).
    • Apr 25, 2013

Maybe i'll add another hold spot and reduce the cover time to 35 seconds.

I'm not working on the project until I pass my exams (in 2 week exactly). Here the last thing I have working on, it's the Elves dagger. It become blue when zombie are close to the holder.I know it's useless but it's just to stay true to the movie. Here a test screenshot of this sword :

PS : The sword model has been ripped from the game "LOTR : the return of the king" on ps2 ^^

Attached Files:

• Mar 30, 2013
      It can be good if there is gandalf, which is a guide like Cloud in Mako. You put him at the way, where he break the rock (in the movie).

You make a good work, I hope it will be finish for August :smile:
    • May 11, 2011
      Or an item that would be far better then a guide.
    • Aug 22, 2012
    • Oct 8, 2009
      sounds like it'll be fun. can't wait for it!
    • Apr 25, 2013

my exams are over, i'm back :grin:

This week I spent lots of times looking for models, leaving the mapping for now.

I made the Goblin character, here a video test so you can see what it looks like:

Suggestion? =D

EDIT: sorry bad quality video :/
      • Like Like x 1
        Captain Jack, May 25, 2013 Last edited by Captain Jack, May 25, 2013
      • May 11, 2011
        Second maybe the white orc as an item.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        You made it or ripped it? I never knew of a Hobbit game until now
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Apr 25, 2013
        @JorisCeoen : Ripped of course, im not as pro as you at modeling lol :wink: Its from a Skyrim DLC

[IMG]

@apollo : Good idea, but it will be a third item for zombies while humans will only have Gandalf :/ I'll very limit impossible to win the map
      • Oct 18, 2012
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Looks like we got a new Hannibal making LOTR maps.
      • Feb 2, 2013
        Looks really good so far. Can't wait to play it! :smile:
      • Apr 25, 2013

I cant show you the exterior, skybox still in developpment.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
        • Apr 25, 2013

A pickable item for zombie : the ladder. They will need it if they want to take a fast shortcut. A zombie will pick the ladder while another one climb to turn the valve. The valve opens the vent on the floor :wink:
          • Like Like x 1