Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape: What Maps Are Server Killers?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, May 31, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Some of us think it's time to do a rotation cleaning to get rid of the terrible maps that just kill the server. There is no guarantee any of the maps you post will be removed, but i just want to get a good idea of what the server killers are. I've got every map that is on rotation here, so EVERYTHING is up for voting. I couldn't do a poll since it only allows ~10 choices, and there are over 100 maps. Anyway, what you do is copy and paste the maps listed and tell me which ones you think are server killers and should be removed. If you guys start trolling this, then we will probably just to a traditional rotation cleaning without any input from you guys, and you'll be shit out of luck. It's all up to you guys. If you wish nothing was removed, just post "Remove nothing" or something. I will be editing this post with how many maps are voted for, and what the percentage of people wish were removed. Multiple votes are allowed.

Code:
    ze_2012_fix2
    ze_30_Seconds__b21
    ze_antartika_b2
    ze_aztec_temple_v3c
    ze_barrage_v1
    ze_biohazard2_rpd_v4e_004
    ze_biohazard2_sewer_v4c_fix_2
    ze_biohazard_manor_v4a_004fix2
    ze_blackmesa_remix_v3_6
    ze_boredom_v418216
    ze_bp-infested-prison_b1a
    ze_Breakable_v1_5
    ze_christmas_infection_v2_3
    ze_colors_v1
    ze_crashbandicoot_v1fix
    ze_cyberderp_v1_4
    ze_dangerous_waters_v1a
    ze_death_star_escape_v4_3
    ze_destruction_of_exorath_v8F
    ze_DOOM_v1_1
    ze_dust_escape_v1fix
    ze_electrical_factory_b5
    ze_error_a0
    ze_eruption_escape_fix
    ze_escape_horizon_fix
    ze_escape_the_eye_remix_patch
    ze_eternal_void_v3_5a
    ze_fapescape_v1_2
    ze_fast_escape_fix
    ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor_v5_3
    ze_FFXII_Paramina_Rift_v1_3
    ze_FFXII_Westersand_v7_2
    ze_FireWaLL_laboratory_part1_3
    ze_FireWaLL_laboratory_part2_3
    ze_Flying_World_v2
    ze_gameshow_v1_2
    ze_games_v2_2a
    ze_halo_v1_3
    ze_hobbit_escape_b2
    ze_hold_em_v9_2c
    ze_Holmes_Escape_pf_2014c
    ze_hypernova_v2
    ze_icecap_escape_v5
    ze_Inboxed_v1_4
    ze_indiana_jones_v4a_004
    ze_industrial_dejavu_v3_3_1
    ze_infected_sewers_v4
    ze_infected_tramway_v3_3
    ze_infested-industry_v2_pf2
    ze_mirrors_edge_reborn_v4_2
    ze_isla_nublar_v2_1
    ze_mountain_escape_v5_zy
    ze_Jurassic_Park_Story_v1
    ze_naruto_v2_6e
    ze_kraznov_poopata
    ze_noir_b1
    ze_lila_panic_escape_v3_1
    ze_nostromo_v1_0f
    ze_LOTR_Helms_Deep_v5
    ze_notredame_v1_3
    ze_lotr_minas_tirith_v3_5
    ze_ocean_base_escape_v4
    ze_LOTR_Mines_of_Moria_v6_3
    ze_paper_escaper_v6_6c2
    ze_LOTR_Mount_Doom_v4_2
    ze_Paranoid_Rezurrection_v11_9
    ze_luigismanison_fix2
    ze_parkers_pit_b8
    ze_minecraft_adventure_v1_2c
    ze_Parking_v3_1
    ze_Pirates_Port_Royal_v3_5fix
    ze_reloaded_v1
    ze_por_island_v4_fix
    ze_retribution_rc
    ze_Portal_Story_v3_2
    ze_saw_final
    ze_POTC_IV_v6_1
    ze_sc_turtles_v5fix
    ze_potc_pf_v4
    ze_SDP_30_seconds_remake_v1_3
    ze_predator_ultimate_v3
    ze_sewage_processing_b7b
    ze_prototype_v2
    ze_sewer_escape__final_jbg
    ze_Raccoon_Facility_v6b
    ze_sg1_missions_v2_1
    ze_random_v10_fix
    ze_shaun_of_the_dead_b3
    ze_showdown_v4_1
    ze_shroomforest_v3
    ze_surf_facility_v3_pre2
    ze_siberia_1990_v1_2c
    ze_SURVIVORS_b5
    ze_slender_escape_b3
    ze_taboo_carnation_v1
    ze_stalker_ultimate_a2_6
    ze_TESV_Skyrim_v4fix
    ze_STRANGE_escape_b3
    ze_thelostworld_redux_101j
    ze_surf_danger
    ze_thousand_steps_b7f
    ze_timesplitters_v1_2
    ze_tkara_v1
    ze_toaster_v1_2
    ze_voodoo_islands_v4_007
    ze_UT2004_Convoy_v2_1
    ze_zombie_city_finalfix
    ze_zombierig_v4_3

• Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Apr 20, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • May 31, 2012
        I don't think removing stuff will help (in fact, I'd bring back a few of the chilly willy maps that Haplo removed because they were rarely played since they are less demanding for the players in general).

Do be do be do be dooooooooooh.
      • Apr 11, 2012
        some of these maps arent really server killers, but they do range from mediocre to god awful.
        ze_zombierig_v4_3

ze_2012_fix2

ze_bp-infested-prison_b1a

ze_error_a0

ze_eternal_void_v3_5a

ze_infected_tramway_v3_3

ze_fast_escape_fix

ze_showdown_v4_1

ze_infested-industry_v2_pf2
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jan 5, 2014
          I am not for removing any maps. One of the good things is diversity - we can play whatever map we want. Playing the "standard" maps like Mako or Skyrim gets old for the majority of people (only the hardcore map-fans will join for these, then whey will leave. If this is the case - the server should keep only 3-4 maps that are played most often. Bad idea). What I suggest is to increase the number of maps that have to be played before a particular map can be nominated again.
          tl;dr - do not remove anything (add more maps instead)
          • Agree Agree x 4
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            You can always suggest the maps on the Map Suggestion Thread, and a link for them to be downloaded again as they're probably no longer on the server.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            ze_icecap_escape_v5
            ze_luigismanison_fix2
            ze_saw_final

Those are, for as far as I remember, maps I couldn't really play or even record decently because of the scarse amount of players. The rest is pretty much done at least once or more a week I think without heavily killing the server. You cannot always guarantee a succes team for even the most popular maps so this is kinda hard, but those 4 are what came in my mind. I haven't even played some of the listed maps so I don't know about all maps either.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 29, 2012
              Also your face crashs the server :heart::kiss:
            • Mar 8, 2013
              I agree with this, though sadly we're probably the minority opinion. Too often these days, the server goes into Mountain/Predator/Minas/Paranoid/Skyrim/Mako/Pirates/Westersand mode (with the occasional foray into Fapescape/Lila Panic/Paper) and it just won't stop for upwards of 6 hours. Any measures that can be taken to mitigate this would be welcome. As it stands, I'm always hesitant to join ZE because I know it's going to be one of those maps.

If I had to pick a few to remove, ze_colors and ze_eternal_void both tend to frustrate players to the point you have to question whether they're worth playing at all. I'd urge management not to go crazy with the deletions though. A lot of us do enjoy the old and/or ugly maps, if only for the variety they bring.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Nov 11, 2011
              • Sep 14, 2008
                All of them. Just remove the server all together! :grin:
                • Like x 1
                • Agree x 1
                • Funny x 1
                • Winner x 1
                • Zing! x 1
                • Wizard! x 1
                • Informative x 1
                • Mapping King x 1
                • Good Idea x 1
                • Dec 1, 2013
                  I know there's numerous maps that kill the server. However, I also believe that map votes tend to occur at the most ridiculous times. Take a look at maps played and it's generally the same ones every single day. Why not just remove the rest and just play in an actual rotation without voting maps?
                • Apr 9, 2012
                  To be honest, I hated the map ze_mountain as it always got extended for endless houres and because of that, I think at one moment I joined once every 3 days or so, and it was always mountain being on. It most probably was pure bad luck for me to always end up falling on a map I don't like. Mako, I love the map, but for me I have had it. I literally played Mako for almost 2 years. After 2 years a map gets tiresome. Skyrim is awsome but after I won it, it was enough, because it always took too long to get to stage 5 where it starts getting really interesting. Although, Skyrim is for me still one of the best action-packed maps! But, it takes just soo long.

The very exception to the rule, and weirdly enough IS the map that I played the first time ever on ZE and the one I play the longest by now: ze_predator. It's still the best ZE map and I never get tired of it. If I have spare time, and it's predator, even now when I'm kind of done with ZE I would hop on just for the map ^^

However I kind of agreed for myself that I started getting tired of waiting/playing too long on a particular map. It also led to me getting a distance on ZE and as such I started mapping 99% of the time. When I started SSBB the idea was to randomize the stages as a reaction to this feeling I had. With randomize I mean when you fail a certain stage you don't get to play it again just after it, instead you'll play another one that you'll have to win in order to lock it from potentially coming again, creating lots of diversions and change within the map's time. Unfortunatly I never got around pushing SSBB to work and it won't be for long and as I already hinted it'll probably be for never.

Anyway, that's kind of how I felt about ZE in the last months that I was struggling to find motivation playing. That idea of @opalqnka is splendid in my opinion, that's somethign I never tought about.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Mar 29, 2012
                    If theirs no maps then no maps can kill the server!
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Dec 17, 2007
                      you just talking about ze or zm too…bc if you can completely delete 4-way tunnel, i would really appreciate it
                    • Sep 30, 2013
                      Remove everything but mako and i'll be here 24/7
                    • Mar 20, 2012
                      ze_saw is a decent map(atmosphere!), I think people like it because they can farm kills there easily...
                      ze_colors is like holdem ..its a joke but thats why they like it...or should I mention dustescape?

icecap is really annoying on PF because there is no zspawn...
                      one indiana jones map has the same problem->no zspawn after afk killer

eternal void is insanely hard and glitchty, 2 holdspots where zombies can crouch and jump over, followed by an elevator which has 4 open sides, followed by 4 ladders attached to the elevator when he starts moving, followed by a zombieteleporter right besides humans when it reaches its top....this was just the start of the map. Infected people get stuck in the elevator and infect all others on it and they get stuck too then.

never saw the other potc maps in the past weeks/months, maybe because they all want items/bosses and therefore only play publicas version

the only map which seems to kill server population quite often is ze_error ..the fart sounds make it interesting for some rounds until it becomes hard to defend and then it fails and fails and fails , people get tired on that quicker as of any map

Server isnt so full anymore nowadays and when it becomes nearly full most players are often still new to ze... And with antistack there are less funny moments, e.g. a player just goes through a bunch of zombies or is trying to do a stackwin(paranoid, or some zm modes like on random or blackmesa), and let's look at minas...we got it now some months on rotation and I believe we never beat it legit again. Guards are dead in less than 0,5s, this used to be like 3 secs when 10 zombies were trying to kill it. Zombies can ztele if they are stuck, they can just teleport out if they cant destroy it.... anti stack still ruins minas no matter what other people said when it got added in rotation. That was during a time when server was like full of regulars and we barely made it to extreme... You cant win stage 1 with 5 cades, just try it...let's say perfectly placed cades.... 20 zombies would just rush through everything, you have to save all nades for the end so they don't even touch the gate before it is closing

I know you want to hear some mapnames, but this plugin ruins the most fun for me....more disadvantages> advantages in my opinion..everything becomes tryhard and it forgives no mistakes, ct team is just dead in no time - no chance of rallying
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • May 31, 2012
                        I'm not going to say any of the maps are bad. The makers put a lot of effort and creativity into these designs, and I know it's very challenging to make a map.

Maps that have or had problems, and people who know or think the problems still exist:

ze_halo_v1_3

More popular maps that are just too long, lack of excitement, and become boring after a while:

ze_SURVIVORS_b5
                        ze_luigismanison_fix2
                        dust escape

Maps that I almost never see people play or nominate.

ze_antartika_b2
                        ze_dangerous_waters_v1a
                        ze_eternal_void_v3_5a
                        ze_Inboxed_v1_4
                        ze_kraznov_poopata
                        ze_noir_b1
                        ze_nostromo_v1_0f
                        ze_notredame_v1_3
                        ze_por_island_v4_fix
                        ze_SDP_30_seconds_remake_v1_3
                        ze_sewage_processing_b7b
                        ze_showdown_v4_1
                        ze_siberia_1990_v1_2c
                        ze_sg1_missions_v2_1
                        ze_thousand_steps_b7f
                        ze_timesplitters_v1_2
                        ze_zombierig_v4_3

^ I know this is almost suggesting the Haplo method, but it's a reasonable and sound idea: If nobody plays them, why should they take up the voting slots? Just because 2 or 3 people like the map, the entire server has to suffer? People blame popular maps that actually attract people, like Mountain, Mako, Paranoid, Predator, etc. but that is because these maps are extended to the max and nominations are maxed out; as a result, all of these random maps appear in the voting slots and people just leave not even wanting to give it a shot. Again, I'm not saying these maps are bad; however, people are just not wanting to play them for some reason. If there are the 2 or 3 that really enjoy this map and want to get other people interested, they should try hosting an event or nominating these maps more often to get people to try it out.

Just my opinion...
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                          Joshy, May 31, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, May 31, 2014
                        • Dec 1, 2013
                          How the hell did you not include dust in that? That has to be one of the worst maps I have ever played. I think I would stick a long, very long, metal rod or even a rose stem with thorns in my urethra. Generally maps with only one level that gets completed easily and quickly, tends to get boring after a while (hint, WITHIN A ROUND).
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Jan 25, 2014
                            I know this is ZE but I thought I would apply it to zm as well.

zm_back_to_muhosranksk
                            zm_gd_headquarter
                            zm_huntingtonbsase
                            zm_wharf