Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie escape when do you think it will totally die

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Superkiller, Dec 30, 2013

1. Feb 24, 2012
    i think it will totally die when a brand new cs come with a new type of system better than cs go because cs go its shit and with better plugins and things etc like cs 1.6 times
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 8, 2013
      nevar. that's like asking when MG and GG will die. never will. CS has been around since 98 or 99. shit aint going away. once they fix the mechanics with CSGO we'll see all these mods and maps converted to it. HL and CS literally invented WASD gaming.
    • Feb 24, 2012
    • Dec 8, 2013
      and as for ZE specifically... it's probably one of the most popular and original mods to CS we've seen in years. the replay value is just too enormous. and the map making community is still going very strong. when the maps stop coming, that will be the day ZE will die.
      Post Merged, Dec 30, 2013

everyone said the same thing when CS:Source came out. it'll catch on eventually.
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Let's just hope it won't suffer the same ill fate as 24/7 panic did.
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Zombie Escape should die and the players should go back to 24/7 Panic.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      That's wrong, in fact. ZE on CSGO gets played every day and I often see the server(s) getting full. There are some amazing maps on CSGO that you don't see on CSS (currently) adn it goes better by the day. I still just don't understand how hard it is for Valve or the developers of CSGO to implement horinzontal velocity or pushback, as currently when shot as zombie you just jump a few centimeters in the air.

Also fire doesn't work and doesn't slow down zombies. But each and every time CSGO ze gets slandered, I have to say that I often see teamwork there that you don't usually see in ZE on CSS. Because it's so difficult, you are forced to defend properly or you'll die very quickly at arguably any moment in the maps. So, it's certainly not dead, and IF the population dies on CSS after some years, it'll just pass over to CSGO. And hopefully, one day, it does. Because the graphics are much prettier on CSGO xD I'm getting a little bit tired of CSS and I haven't yet submitted a single ZE map for it unfortunatly. I did make an AWP organ map but I'm converting it to CSGO because it doesn't work as AWP and on CSS this mod is not so popular anymore.
    • Jul 20, 2012
      Ahem, it really took off with QuakeWorld online gaming. Thanks to John Carmack and his .bsp Valve was born.
    • May 27, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Jul 20, 2012
      • Mar 30, 2013
        TF 2 is free
        L4D2 was free during one day
        Garry's Mod is not expensive
        CS:GO was not expensive during sales
        CS:1.6 is not expensive and still fun

CS:S is expensive (more than GO)
      • Nov 17, 2012
        I think when CS;GO is fixed [like, mods etc. all work], CSS will be on a heavy decline as everything will just move to CS;GO. It's hard to tell, but these last few years have been on the decline.

Hopefully ZE is created into a Stand Alone game, just like DayZ was. I think it has the potential too and would work well.
      • Apr 3, 2013
        CS:S is one of the most played games on Steam, it would take awhile for this game to die. Heck, if it even will die. But keep in mind, all game mods are destined to die, that includes ZE/MG/GG/ZM/Ultima.

Look at Starcraft 1, that game is a desert, but the expansion is full of players. But in this case, CS:S is not a desert.
        Valve could save the game mods by making it free for one day, like they did with L4D2, but screw that.
        Game mods will die out faster than the game.
        Kloud, Dec 31, 2013 Last edited by Kloud, Dec 31, 2013
      • May 27, 2012
        I don't know why you think 10th most popular game (out of thousands) on steam, means it is a dead game.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I doubt ZE would do well as a stand alone game since the strength of ZE and CS:S/Source modding in general is that it is fairly easy to generate new content. Source just lets you do stuff easily, even if constrained at times.

I think CS:GO won't really compete with CS:S in terms of mods because it is a more restricted environment. Valve/Hidden path wanted it to be like it and it seems to be working but, of course, it won't work for everything. If any, I'd think it'd be more natural to either move to GMod (which is compatible with CS:S but also with other Source games and has more active players nowadays) or wait for Source2 (which will probably take time still) and the CS version that will come with it.

Of course I'm assuming that Valve won't restrict stuff with Source 2 and that they will still do CS:S2 (or whatever the fuck they want to call it). They'd be bombing CS:GO kinda, so perhaps we'll have to wait 2-3 years and by that time ZE on CS:S might be very woopity woop.
        • Jan 30, 2013
          Proper ZE/MG/Bhop/trikz will die with CSS. So whenever the game dies, so to will the modes, and I plan to ride it to the very end.
          Sure, GO may have these, but lets be realistic, GO will never get the proper support/features/functions it needs to be a good game successor to Source's gamemodes. Had it been done right, CSS would be dead, and GO would have far more people playing it (such as all of us).

ZE could end up being Stand alone, but I see Gmod being more suited for carrying ZE (128 slot servers :3, Imagine that solo win feeling), or CSS2/whatevertheycallit (assuming it takes sources role in mode support, and not the route GO took). SA would take to much work, and require people to become aware of the mod, which in this day of Steam, might be a bit hard.

Lets hope they don't restrict Source 2 and let GO bomb (in the sense of mod-ability).

PLUS, it can't support 64 players, only 45....l0l
          or has that been fixed?
        • Apr 3, 2013

**Elevator**
          Ok, we have 95 people alive against 33 zombies, we should not cover
          Mic chat - 15 people arguing wether they should cover or not

**Boss**
          Ok guys, 4th lightning strike we need atleast 68 nades
          Count to 4 once you hear the music, then nade - we need atleast 90 nades for this to work

And all the trolls and item spams

Oh and you mentioned solo win -

OMFG I SOLO WON

Mic chat - 33 people screaming OMFGIMFOGMFOMGOFMGFGMFGMF
          Chat - @@@@@@@@@@
          • Funny Funny x 4
          • Like Like x 1
            Kloud, Dec 31, 2013 Last edited by Kloud, Dec 31, 2013
          • Jan 30, 2013

But I still wanna see 127/128 player ze happen, regardless of trolls/spamming :<
          • Jul 20, 2012
          • Dec 8, 2013
            I WILL GO GET THE KEY I REPEAT I WILL GO GET THE KEY EVERYONE DEFEND
            **20 door huggers go for key**
            • Funny Funny x 1