Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Escape Wikia being revived!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by JorisCeoen, Aug 25, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012

After an hour I've succeeded to update the Zombie Escape Wikia for CS:GO
    As such the servers, maps and weapons have been split into 2 categories which respectivly go to CS:GO or CS:S depending on your choice.

Please note that the weapons' article for CS:GO has been locked until I get it finished for further editting as I think I did a very good job on the CS:S weapons section (of which I searched all info and observed it in-game and also took very HQ pictures for the weapons from world models (which where the View models scaled to world models so no compressed models as the usual standard world models from Valve) in-game with a white background, then added an alpha channel and optimized them for even better quality xD)

I will now do the same for the CS:GO weapons. Once they are set up I will open that page too. I'll try to be ASAP for it but due to the little amount of GO knowledge atm (even though I played a lot of classical gameplay already and I personally love it highly over CS:S!) it won't hurt that much that it is currently not there yet.

Have fun!

http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Escape_Wiki

On a side note: With GO being released now and also able to now follow all maps from start I can safely keep the GO section for the ZE wikia fully up-to-date! (As opposed to CS:S which was released years before the ZE wikia it's arguably impossible to keep track of all (many already outdated) maps)

Read latest post below for latest information!
    • Like Like x 1
      JorisCeoen, Aug 25, 2012 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Aug 19, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I also created a mappers section for tutorials only relative to ze for both cs:go as cs:s

All I know I will post it there in tutorials because recently many people have asked me for tutorials about certain techniques in Source SDK. Everyone is free to post there, and I would love to see it getting filled with plenty of useful tutorials. Just as the server's lists, I hope it will also become a many visited page for many new mappers to ze
    • Jan 11, 2011
      Just saying that I helped writting some articles or providing some extra info on the Wiki; but it could certainly use more editors to help it grow and cover everything.
      May I suggest reading the Special Items page where all the Mako Reactor Materias, Predator Ultimate Weapons and Paranoid Special Items are listed and explained: http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Items

Its, in my opinion, a really fun reading if you like to read about this kind of things. Also feel free to add info about weapons/maps/mappers that aren't listed yet on the Wiki or that lack info/details that you know about!
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012

I've also added a new section: The Source SDK tutorials section regarding ZE!
        http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Zombie_Escape_Wiki for the new button which leads to the following page:
        http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/Source_SDK_Tutorials_(Zombie_Escape) which is the page containing all the tutorials (hopefully some soon aside the one I just created for PhantomBlack)
        http://zombieescape.wikia.com/wiki/SDK_Tutorial:_How_to_create_controllable_characters! which is the tutorial I created and also serves as a example of how to create one. I intend to add pictures too and eventually a video or a .vmf to download!
        • Apr 9, 2012
          The last link didn't work so I adjusted the map page (it contained an '!' and didn't seem to work. Luckily because !'s are actually not aloowed in titles (unless a map would be named that way)
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Instead of posting another message to bump your threads, simply edit your existing posts to make the changes needed.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I have been very lazy regarding the Wikia, and I will try to edit more articles here and then instead of deciding to work onto it a whole day and then let it rot again for another month (or more). I do have to admit it's because I am mainly mapping, so if that will be over one day I could focus more again onto the wikia.

I just found out that I didn't yet do anything about CS:GO, and I tend to keep it that way since I even think there's no need for resources at this moment for CS:GO since it's completely dead (except for the sole occasions, twice in the month or so that a server gets like 2-5 players lolz).

I will however now focus onto the map pages so that they finally get what they deserve.

That's all I just quickly wanted to say about the wikia.
        • Apr 9, 2012

Lately, a very friendly person named Ikran is really eager and gentil to help me out on the Zombie Escape Wiki and he has a lot of knowledge about the HTML code and such. He's actually cleaning up along with me the wiki, and is doing basically all the important work. He's as of now also admin to have extra security on trolling, and also has rollback features to revert malicious edits in just a couple of seconds.

I know that many people probably don't know yet about the wiki, or think it's totally unnecessary, but I get often good traffic on the wiki for researches and such, so it means there really are people actually looking at it, so it's a good time to clean it up entirely, and make things much more efficient and organized than I could have ever done on my own.

So tl;dr: Wiki is being revived entirely, and shoul in the future be useful instead of useless.

I would also like other people to help us out if possible if they can help! Basic knowledge about HTML to just add information in the good categories of the right pages is more than enough, and you can always add information on a talk page of any page before adding it if you are unsure :smile:!

Useful information is like... anything that is helpful towards a map's information such as how to do this, or good-to-know tricks and so on if it's not already added! Many pages also need pics and so forth. There's much information to find on the wiki already on how to deal with many things, but every help is welcome, and many less-known pages are completely blank in terms of information, so it would be good to have those being revived as well!

If anyone needs more information or help, feel free to ask me, and don't hesitate to sign up on the wiki!
          • Like Like x 2
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Aug 12, 2012
            didn't know there was a zombie escape wiki, I will need to take a look at it. Thanks!
          • Mar 30, 2013
            If you want I can re-add/edit pages of the wiki. But do the HTML code work or do I need the wiki code with [ and ]