Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zombie escape

Discussion in Help Desk started by DopeScope, Feb 4, 2012

1. Jul 19, 2011
    is zombie hunting against the rules?? Is it punishable?
  2. Jun 10, 2011
    Uhh, first perhaps explain what you mean by 'zombie hunting'? :razz:
  3. Jul 19, 2011
    u stay back and shoot the zombies that spawn
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    I don't see why it would be against the rules..
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    It all depends on the situation. For example, if you are camping spawn and zombies cant reach you then it is not allowed. If you are fooling around at spawn and zombies can stab you easily that's fine. As long as you are not causing any balance issues, wasting time for the entire server etc its fine.
  6. Jul 19, 2011
    thank you for this information because I was just at paper escaper and i was shooting zombies that were spawning. CastleX told me to stop and i responded by saying its not against the rules. Shockingly he told me something along the lines of whatever i say goes. Those may not be the exact words but the meaning is the same. I then got kicked. Could you please inform Castle? I would like this to stop before i get wrongfully banned.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    I'll make sure this information reaches him, thanks for informing us Not-dope-at-scoping. :happy:
  8. Feb 17, 2011
    yeah but if i remember well in paper escape the amount of zombie that spawns at start is rly low. so if u hold them back it will be unfair due to the high knockback.
    also u should be escaping rather than spawn hold

just my opinion
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    There were only two zombies in spawn, both of which you were trying to kill. You said you would zombie hunt yourself, even though I said not to zombie hunt, and you did, so I kicked you for it. Its an escape server, you arent supposed to try and end the round prematurely by killing zombies in spawn.
  10. Apr 4, 2009
    Tech. you're supposed to be progressing through the map as it becomes available, like if a hold door opens.

Don't see anything about "what I say goes" must of been over the mic.
  11. Jul 1, 2010
    As Haplo said, you have to technically be advancing for it not to be breaking the rules. If you want to lag behind a bit while still advancing and walk backwards while shooting them I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that as you are technically advancing and helping your team by slowing them down.

Only thing I saw in the above log post is no kick reason.
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    Is that an official pF rule, or is that bullshit you decided to conjure on-the-fly?

In my opinion, it's an unwarranted kick.

If the situation is what I pictured, then here's my argument to my opinion: Dopescope could not have been causing any team-balance issues at all. (Anybody connecting directly to the server mid-round OR joining from spec could have ridiculously easily spawned as a zombie, dooming Dopescope's fate.)

It's not dopescope's fault that the zombies were AFK. Dopescope was doing what he was supposed to do as a human: kill zombies. Zombies AFK? IMO, fair game.
  13. Jul 19, 2011
    I was slowly advancing. There was only 2 people holding zombies. A friend would go and open the hallway door and come back to help. As soon as we were out of ammo we would fall back to the hallway to reload and start shooting again. You can even ask Heretic who was holding with me. I think we were having convo over the mic when he said that he told me not to do it and if i did it again it would be a kick.
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    On Paper Escaper there is only one zombie spawning each round, increase the ratio on that map and 'zombie hunting' won't be an issue.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    The mother-zombie-spawn-quantity settings got changed?
  16. Jul 19, 2011
    Tony-There were always at least 3 sometimes more because of afks.

Meeko-no. i have no idea where tony got this info of only 1 zombie spawning.

I never actually killed the zombies so that the round would end. If that would happen i would happily admit that i was my fault, but just messing around and not exterminating the zombie team should be perfectly legal. After all when has someone trying to kill zombies actually succeeded? Zombies would spawn again right after death or at least soon after death. There shouldn't be any argument over this issue unless there is a handful of people doing it.
  17. Jul 20, 2010
    The spawning point for paper escape can easily be held down with people since its a hallway the zombies have to come down. Two people can hold off two zombies the entire time there if they work together. I have caught you dopescope a few times where you would camp at certain choke points that made it heavily easy for you to hold alone and stop the zombies. I'm more inclined to believe you were not making any forward progress on the map and just holding at spawn. In ze you make forward progress hold where you must hold because the map forces you to hold. Some other areas are ok for holding so long as after the trigger has opened up the next area to progress. Also another thing that makes me not believe you dopescope is that fact that I know you will troll and try to bend the rules as much as you can. Make forward progress on ze and hold when you must. If you were doing a tactical retreat and just lagging a bit behind you wouldn't have called it zombie hunting. To many holes in the story you are presenting to us Dopescope.
  18. Jul 19, 2011
    Thank you for that long winded post repeatedly inferring that i made up my "story". *sigh* whatever idc as long as i dont get banned. I dont "bend" rules and i have never been caught doing so. There is no rule saying u can't hold zombies. not going to win this with higher-ups telling me im lying. I do troll i admit it, but i dont troll to the extent that i break rules. I have rarely played with you so i don't that a judgement like that is necessary.
  19. Feb 18, 2011
    In my eyes what I have seen you do was fine. Holding for 5-10 seconds at a non-map designated point is fine (being that there are few), everyone does it, they just don't know it. When people group together at a point they don't have to wait for why should they be punished when all they are trying to do is buy another 10 seconds for the team.
  20. Oct 29, 2010
    I don't understand how you can simultaneously be zombie hunting and progressing. To me the phrase zombie hunting sounds like you are actively pursuing zombies, not map progression.