Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZOMbie Mod CS:GO?

Discussion in CS:GO Zombie Escape started by Drearystate, Sep 6, 2013

1. May 12, 2007
    I know we no longer host servers for Zombie Mod CS:GO, but I was wondering why we still have threads up regarding the CS:GO servers. I have been looking on youtube and have seen some outrageously badass maps that have been made for CS:GO ZE. I am a loyal fan of PF so you wont see me server jumping but I was wondering are we going to be looking at starting these servers back up in the future?
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    I still not like how CS:GO ZE is comapre to CSS: Source ZE. In fact, I just don't like CS:GO in general.
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    CS:GO ZM will work because ZM is just simpler than ZE in general.

for ZE... I'm not so sure.
  4. Apr 9, 2012

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBjuvfTKnGg

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OryNN_jyjuk

Enjoy the aspiring and inspiring feel and movement of CS:GO ze, zombies when shot jump into the air instead of backwards (I mean... vertical knockback...?) and fire doesn't slow them at all. Valve has only done the effort to give us free zombie models, but I yet have to find a server using them, making it clear that that was a futile (still thankful, but useless) feature. They did nothing regarding settings tweaking to make the gameplay actually any efficient for ZE.

STILL, I must say that I often enjoy playing ze on CS:GO now and then, and actually, this is gonna sound crazy but I think it also makes sense, but thanks to those immense difficulties, I often see teamplay that is more or less unknown to any of the CS:S ZE servers nowadays, in other words very very good (I mean rarely to happen, but does happen nevertheless and YES also on PF), just because you are forced to, otherwise it's always instant fail.

That is actually the thing that kept me going to CS:GO ze all the time, the teamplay you see there. It's different, and at many times extremely exciting. It does however get annoying when you always fail, and I must say the feeling makes it annoying to think about everytime when you shoot zombies, but you get the hang of it. I wouldn't mind seeing PF ze on GO, but don't take my word for it, I think the only servers on CS:GO ze now are the only ones that get filled across the whole day.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      When Valve starts supporting CS:GO, we will as well.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 30, 2013
        Haha, @JorisCeoen , it's funny to hear how us (french people), we speak english. In your video, we only hear french players who speak in english :grin: (normal, since the server is french :wink: )
      • May 12, 2007
        I can respect that. it does look pretty though :wink:
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Just to update this...

SRCDS has been unusable for months, CPU usage nearly doubled in a single update (presumably from the bumped glibc requirement), and has only gotten worse since then.

The biggest joke is: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-breakpad-discuss/Tktyyf8m_t4
        Their watchdog was restarting their MM servers seemingly at random (the frame-time would spike (happened to us), and the server would be killed; lol). To this day, this still hasn't been fixed (at least in the shipped copy). There's no actual server communication outside of the now limited CS:GO team (even to fellow employees), the people that were helping out (changing code) were actually fired in the so called great cleanse.

At the time of this writing, we're not running CS:GO, ever. We will most likely hit the next (now Source 2) game, which is likely to be L4D3 (followed by HL; which hopefully has multiplayer). Hopefully there's a real SDK, and not the garbage they're shipping with CS:GO, or the 2013 SDK which is riddled with missing previously public features.
        • Like Like x 2
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1