Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Mod Hardened!!!!!

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Drearystate, Jul 18, 2014

1. May 12, 2007
    I really think we should add a zombie mod server with limited ammo and reloads, add more knock back to the zombies and less life. I say even add blocking to the humans. I've been on Plaguefest for over 7 years now and I find myself wanting a little of the old days. I miss when Zombie mod required teamwork and encouraged hunting in packs to survive, we have gone away from that where we don't have to consider how much ammo we spend or our accuracy. We need a harder server for a more realistic approach. What do you guys think?
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feb 24, 2011
      More challenge = more teamwork required = more crying = more bonding = more glory wins = more panic = more profit.

I vote yes.
      :thumbsup:
      • Like Like x 2
      • Oct 18, 2012
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 12, 2007
          Thanks fluffy and luffaren, I'm glad I got you guys behind me on this :smile:
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            This is going to be a great thread. Nothing can go wrong. Let me get comfortable first.
            [IMG]
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Oct 29, 2010
              I endorse this idea too. I got tired of the unlimited ammo, rankwhoring nonsense ZMers get so absorbed in.

For ZM Reloaded, please disable respawn.

For ZM Reloaded, please resurrect the super knife from hell.
              • Like Like x 1
                meeko, Jul 18, 2014 Last edited by meeko, Jul 18, 2014
              • May 12, 2007
                Keep in mind zombie respawn would have to be taken away due to the lack of ammo.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Aug 7, 2012
                  I'd be down to try this out. Sounds like it could be fun!
                  • Like Like x 2
                  • Jul 14, 2010
                    There was a limited ammo server a year or two ago that tanked, even when CSS was more popular. I don't think it'd last very long today.
                  • May 12, 2007
                    Post Merged, Jul 18, 2014
                    that server was much farther back i think. And you gotta understand that we have a niche for that kind of server as long as the settings are right, it might take some tinkering but I see more and more ppl going to gfl, i3d or EH
                  • Feb 25, 2014
                    I love the idea, but then you will separate a group over 2 servers which end up badly for both, I don't think it is a good idea it's better to have one full server then 2 half empty.
                  • Feb 8, 2014
                    i3d is a large company. Very hard to fairly compare player base. Also, EU server, different hours and player base.
                    EH is a European server. Similar arguments as i3d.
                    I only ever see GFL having more population on their ZE server. ZM is always lower (when I look).

I think the argument should be less, "We're losing player base" and more, "How can we make our servers better or introduce new servers?" I agree a hardcore server would be fun, and it's a great idea, and I'd probably play there, but please don't try to argue for it because players are supposedly leaving for the other guys. Good luck with your idea though! :thumbsup:
                  • May 12, 2007
                    just because they are european servers it doesnt mean ppl dont play there, just today i saw 5 ppl with pf tags on EH. And i know some late night ppl who play ze now on i3d because its populated late nights for us. The argument is valid.
                  • Apr 16, 2014
                    There is a way to get ammo upon every reload. Back when I played on TSMGCC's deathmatch server, every time you reloaded you got 30 active rounds and 90 inactive. (Basically +30 inactive rounds upon reload based upon different guns)
                  • May 12, 2007
                    it will bring in more and give us more room for more ppl. ZM server does fill up regularly with reserve spots still needing to be a requirement sometimes having another server with different settings will break up the monotony as well as create more room for players.
                  • Feb 25, 2014
                    Wishful thinking, with css decreasing I think expanding is the last thing you should do, the unlimited ammo server is just fine, change it and might never be the same.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Apr 16, 2014
                      I kind of agree with Meltdown... Instead maybe this can be a weekend event! (And possibly a monthly one so the effort isn't all just for one time.)
                      This would definitely get rid of the monotony without splitting the server population into two.
                    • May 12, 2007
                      were not changing it, adding another is the discussion.
                      Post Merged, Jul 18, 2014
                      Ok, so what does the veteran Plaguefest population say?
                    • Aug 12, 2012
                      if it happens I think I gave myself another shot at playing ZM again, like the idea @Drearystate
                    • May 2, 2013