Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial Zombie Mod Teleporter

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Ghost, Feb 8, 2013

1. May 14, 2011
    So sajak asked me if its possible to make a teleporter that you can't get stuck in after teleporting. So I decided to make one.

Video showing it working:

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RW2EHeRs0&feature=youtu.be

So its a bit more complex then just adding a teleport and a teleport destination but its easy once you figure it out:

Instructions to adapt the template to your map

1. Rename the big trigger to anything.
    2. Move and re-shape the big trigger to where you want your teleporter to be.
    3. Move the small trigger to where you want the destination to be. (You should not be able to walk from anywhere into the small trigger)
    4. Go the the triggers keyvalues and look up its origin and copy it to your clipboard.
    5. Go the the big triggers outputs and you will see an output that has "origin # # #". Replace the numbers you just copied to your clipboard in there.
    6. Go to the point_template and rename it to anything. In its keyvalues change "trigger" to the name of your big trigger.
    7. In your small trigger change the output of "OnEndTouch etc" to affect the name you just gave to your point template.
    It should now work.

P.S.: I have probably missed something; just bug me in steam and I'll add whatever I missed here.

You could edit it so people could walk into the second trigger but it would involve target names and filters. If you can't work it out and you need it just bug me and I'll add it to this tut.

Attached Files:

• Mapping King Mapping King x 4
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yay! :ghost: DELIVERS! :kiss:
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Hmm... I was messing around and thought about this. The whole point is for players to have enough time in between to get through the teleporters to avoid getting stuck. Instead of spawning so many entities for each teleporter, simply disabling the trigger_multiple for half a second should do the trick, right? It seems to be working at the moment but won't know until a couple of people test it. But does my logic make sense? And does it really make a difference if I use OnTrigger instead of OnStartTouch?

• May 14, 2011
      Remember to keep that AddOutput to "Fire Once Only". What you did allows 2 players to get through. Its the cheapest method of doing it and is whats used in most multigame maps. However, think of all the times 2 people have gotten into the map picker room in multigames. That would = 2 players stuck in each other for you which is what you want to avoid.

Thats why I spawn the trigger constantly. To reset the FireOnceOnly. I could do another work around that involves adding an output to the teleporter and that would avoid the spawner but I have never succesfully managed to do that. As you aren't limited on entities you don't have to worry about that extra spawner anyways.
      • Informative Informative x 1