Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Panic Server Maps

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Harvey, May 15, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 7, 2010
    Taz, the following are the current maps in rotation for zmp. Can you please go through them and advise if any of these maps have any illegal spots that needs to be properly defined.

Thanks!

zm_firewall
    zm_lila_panicdark
    zm_lilapanicbeach_chodefix3 - Duplicate
    zm_lila_panic_f3_v3
    zm_lila_panic_fixed_pf
    zm_lila_panic_isethen
    zm_lila_panic_l_v3 - Duplicate
    zm_lila_panic_lego_final
    zm_lila_panic_v2
    zm_lila_panic_v2a
    zm_lila_panic_westside
    zm_choddapfpanic1
    zm_lila_panic_pfcf1
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    I welcome input from everyone on this as well.
  3. May 18, 2011
    this is my 2nd post today, i just read this, alot of map need to be fix, many illegal spot, when u type !illegal, some map said no illegal but there is illegal. for example, Beach
  4. May 15, 2011
    zm_firewall - Many many times admins and users alike complain about the red crate firewall room and it is almost impossible to over run with just one person.

zm_lilapanicbeach_chodefix3 - Duplicate - Underneath the stairs on the second floor. Although it is not a crouch spot(You can jump through, tested myself)... Actually many complain about this spot but is it really illegal and not just noobish? Thoughts?

zm_choddapfpanic1 - Lot's of discussion over this one. However, I've seen skilled zombies take it with ease. Thoughts?

The rest I don't know.

And how about having someone remove all the illegal spots? I'd be happy to do it if you'd like.

[Edit] Here is an extensive list of all the maps and their corresponding illegal spots.

Firewall - 2 spots that qualify as illegal.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Both crouch spots.

Panic Dark - Vent

Beach Chode Fix - Only one spot. Under the stairs. But like I said this isn't actually a crouch spot as you can jump through, it's the cade on the other side that stops you.
    [IMG]

f3_v3 - This ones a doosy, three crouch spots and an impossible spot.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    This one however, I do not believe is illegal because it is possible to jump straight through with a well executed crouch jump, tested myself.
    Here is a pic of it from the inside:
    [IMG]
    Your thoughts.

fixed_pf - Clean

isethen - Two crouch spots and one ledge spot worth noting.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

l_v3 - Vent

lego_final - Two crouch spots and a leak (of which the humans could jump through).
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

V2 - Money Box, two vents and the tubes.

v2a - Vent and money box

westside - This is more of a personal one otherwise this map is clean.
    The two areas in which you use a vending machine to get to are impossible for a zombie after you have successfully gotten up.
    [IMG]
    I believe it would be in everyone's best interest to treat these as ledge spots.

Chodda pF Panic - Their has been much dispute over this spot as it seems impossible to get humans. However, I've seen a single skilled player take it out with ease, by himself. But this is a very small number to set a stand.
    [IMG]
    I think this spot should be illegal anyways.

pFcF1 - Clean

That is all the illegal spots I could find, I hope this helped.

Regards,

A sack of Dirt
  5. Feb 21, 2007
    that is alot to ask from any one mapper. And first, the illegal spots need to be defined before we can remove them :smile:
  6. May 18, 2011
    the most annoying one ive experienced is the red crate spot on the firewall map...and its a more-than-common spot for noobs/new players.

i think we can fix all these issues by letting everyone know about ilegal spots, the question is HOW

BTW is that a flying poptart cat farting rainbows?? o.O
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Please continue creating a New Topic for each map being posted.

Thanks!
  8. Apr 13, 2011
    I've seen CSS servers where default maps have server textures plastered on them. I believe there is some sort of plugin which can be used to put server textures on maps without changing the map file. With this, illegal spots could be marked and people would be deterred from using them.

Another option is adding a votekick to servers with maps with illegal spots.
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    Illegal spots on each map can be called up by typing !illegal in game. As for enforcement, we have a good number of admins now that can assist in enforcing the the rules. I am sure one is in game to assist as you read this. :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.