Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

zombie riot server?

Discussion in Future Servers started by CCHR, Nov 2, 2013

1. Aug 19, 2013
    i know there was a thread about this about a year ago. but i think it would be awesome to have. notd had one a long time ago. and it was almost always full. i dont know if we still dont have the resources for it but maybe we can get a pool together or something or maybe do a vote on the forums for the next server or something. but i dont think it would be hard to populate it if we had one.

anyone elses thought?
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure we used to have one if I'm wrong. :thinking:

I've played some on other servers as well and they were pretty packed. I don't see why we can't have one.
  3. Apr 20, 2011
    The only server that pf make was zombie escape unlimited ammo and they never make any diffrent server
  4. Apr 24, 2012
    I've played on some Zombie Riot servers before and in my opinion they are pretty cool. Thumbs up for the idea :thumbsup:
  5. Apr 1, 2012
    is zombie riot the one where people can suicide with their HE grenades and then turn to zombies to piss off others?
  6. Mar 12, 2008
  7. Jul 14, 2010
    Server doesn't get much population, is very resource hungry, and to be honest, not very fun imo. We've tried them before and they never get a really good population.
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    Darn. When notd had their servers I was always on them and they were almost always full. If they weren't we got some friends on and then they got full.
    I caN understand them being resource hungry.

@iProbie I don't think so. This one was waves of zombies and the humans had to kill all (ai) zombies to get to the next wave. At final wave and some inbetween there would be bosses/ mini bosses. It was really fun last I played.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
  9. Mar 30, 2013
    Hard server to populate. Just see the gfl zombie horde (@enviolinador , yes it's a real zombie horde, the mapeadores server just created a new mode called zombie horde but, the zombie horde is older than zombie riot, and both have waves), it hardly get people (launch at the start of october). But when it get, it's very fun (and hard with .nav file for zombies).
  10. May 31, 2012
    I wrote mapeadores' plugin, which is dumbed down zombie horde with hints of Z:Riot. ZH, as it was, never had waves. It was face to face action of CT -humans- versus T -bhopping zombies- being both teams real players and not bots . The first ZE maps were created for ZH (by JJ45/Aurora), and no bots were ever involved. Later on, when the mod died (http://www.zombiehorde.com/) and Zombie:Riot was released, this was called Horde by some servers because some of the classic ZH maps were suitable for Z:Riot.

ZH maps are old as tits: http://zombiehordereloaded.gamebanana.com/maps?vl[page]=5&mid=SubmissionsList and there's older maps. Zombies wouldn't die, also, they'd only die when you killed them by headshot (and respawn in the same place they died if killed otherwise).
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      The big issue i have with zombie riot is the amount of illegal spots since AI is pretty dumb. There are stupid little spots you can camp and not get killed. There was a plugin i had found when i was running a ZR server that you could define illegal spots in the map and it would hurt players who stood there (i never played with editing it, it was just using the default default cs:s maps). Sadly, i lost that plugin, and i haven't been able to find it since.

ZRiot is really fun, and i'd really enjoy a ZRiot server. Don't need to have other players, hell you could just play against the AI by yourself.
    • Mar 30, 2013
      With .nav files bots become really smart. There are still some spot unreachable for them but the won't stand below you waiting to be kill
    • Aug 19, 2013
      notd had a plugin like that. if you sat in a spot marked as illegal you blew up almost instantly. i never got the name though. idk i never saw it hard to populate as people were always in there except about the same time the ZM server dies for the night. or has the least amount of players in it.

i dont know exactly how much resources it would require, or what we have right now. so i cant really justify anything about the resource.

but maybe we could figure how much spare resources we have and figure out what it could handle and then get the best ideas for antoher server (for when the time comes to add another one) and maybe do a vote. see what the community would like to see and play.

im not trying to be forceful or anything like that. just trying to share my ideas and opinion. :smile:
      • Like Like x 1