Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Riot Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by katastrophii, Aug 22, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 19, 2011
    Unless I'm wrong, a zombie riot server is where a LOT of zombie bots (specially coded) invade a base of humans.
    The basic goal is to survive.
    It seems like fun :smile:
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    We had one in the past. Player count-wise it was never worth the server resources it required to run, I would enjoy seeing this back as well but don't get your hopes up. :razz:
  3. Jan 5, 2007
    At most it would get maybe a dozen or so players, and not very often. Because of the resources it took to just run the server(bots take a lot of CPU) it was decided to close it out. With the new hardware we have, it might be possible to run it again, but only if we can find a way to bring in more players.
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    This. We've upgraded the server a few times since then, and the combination of 33 tick I'd like to try it, but it's a lot of time and work to put into a server we may not ultimately do if it does use too many resources.
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    Kyle and I have been discussing it recently, We will be able to run it soon with bots that use less resources. We're working on this (slowly).
  6. Jun 30, 2011
    I'd like to see it launch as a test and it would have some potential but i think real player vs. player zambie combat is better then some AI bots but thats just my opinion and maybe it would work :/
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    I never knew about the zombie riot server.... But i would DEFINITELY play it. :thumbsup:
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    I used to play on a server like this, the problem being the bots act the same, all the time, so for me it gets boring fast.
  9. Sep 14, 2008
    Same with me. I can play for only so long before I get bored out of my mind -.-
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    I've played this once, wasn't fun at all, the fact that it is bots hunting you makes it boring rather quickly. I'd say, go with a Bhop server.
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    Another thing to mention is that prop movement has been brought back in the CS:S Beta so we will be able to increase movement speed again for the zombies. Things will be more fun once we have everything working (If they release it soon enough)
    We've already done this server 3 times now.
  12. Jun 4, 2006
    I personally don't care for bot games one bit unless perhaps they're not the main enemy. I'd rather use the resources on other servers myself. :confused:
  13. Dec 30, 2011

We should definitely consider doing this (again)
  14. Aug 1, 2011
    look at the date of the last post, now look at today's date, see the difference. please don't necro posts.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    We do not currently have the resources on our zombie box to fit a riot server. Bots use way too much cpu.

:locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.