Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Riot [UPDATE]

Discussion in Future Servers started by sajak, Nov 22, 2012

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Well, I spoke to @secprotocol a little about creating a Zombie Riot server and he suggested I post a thread about it. The most recent thread is from Aug 22, 2011.

I think ZR will be extremely fun granted that we have:
    1) Several models (not just regular fast zombies/mother zombie/crawler) including custom ones.
    2) Zombie models need to have different classes (speed and jump variations).

I've been playing on i3d's ZR server and even though it's somewhere in the west coast and I'm east coast, the server is constantly full. For example:

[IMG]

The last thing that was said in the thread was that we do not have enough resources or a player base to populate the server. I am aware that the hardware was upgraded so is this a possibility now? As far as the player base, I'm sure it will increase eventually when we start advertising the server. It's the same concept with the surf server, we all have friends who play on different servers but want to play on a pF community one. What are your thoughts guys?
    Post Merged, Nov 22, 2012
    Also some screenies:

[IMG]

This mother fucker is scary as shit. Super fast and weird strafer, hard to hit. :shutmouth:
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 5
    • Aug 18, 2012
      It's actually located somewhere in Europe.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      i3d is a company that owns and hosts their own servers (And allows people to rent), essentially they have a larger resource pool than us.

Our ZE takes up a significant chunk of our server resources last I spoke with Kyle, I'm not sure if we can fit a zombie riot server just yet. Though I would love the idea.

NoTD (for example) is another community that hosts zombie riot, and their servers capabilities have been severely limited, only allowing them a DM server and a bhop server and I believe they also have another.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mar 16, 2008
        You said that you were building ZR into your new build if I am not mistaken?
      • Mar 12, 2008
        I remember when we had ZR. I remember pissing my pants at the mothercrab.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 14, 2012
          • Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 1, 2012
            sure, as long as you make it hard as hell!

been always a fan of "co-op" modes
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Surf, ZR, ZE, ZM, MG would make Plaguefest the perfect place.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Apr 9, 2007
            • Dec 30, 2006
              Yeah it did take a lot of resources and I think the server became unpopulated or an update screwed it up. I can't quite remember. We can give it a go if we can afford the resources.
            • Jul 28, 2011
              I remember back when there was only one zombie server for CSS and it was zombie riot. Those were the days!

I would love to see ZR happen.
            • Mar 16, 2008
              If you're not, we can use a build that is on AM but you said that you were making it no?
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
              • Apr 9, 2007
                NOTD released theirs a while ago (no support), Gray's hasn't worked for quite sometime. I could maybe clean it up.
                • Good Idea Good Idea x 2