Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Speeds

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Zambies, Mar 11, 2012

1. Mar 11, 2012
    All of the zombies are the same exact speed. I do not have screen shots but can produce some if you wish.
    By typing cl_showpos 1 in console you can see the speed at which your character is moving. I played as each zombie class and they were exactly 250.

250 is the same speed at which a human moves with a knife.
    I do not know about the +jump of bloodsucker, but I don't think that works either.
    +hp works as posted however.
  2. Mar 11, 2012
    Would just like to add that cl_showpos is working. With a p90 equipped it can drop down to 245.
  3. Jan 8, 2012
    Actually I move at 270 with a knife
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    What zombie are you playing as? I didn't have that as a result at any point.
  5. Feb 1, 2011
    They should all be the same speed except for the Fast Zombie (the red one that looks kinda like a deformed hunchback). I dunno how much speed that one gains, though.

Also s3th unless you're the fast zombie, movement speed is 250 with a knife.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    All zombies have different speeds according to the class file. They reflect the +speed or -speed descriptions. Usually it's a difference between 300-325... slowest I think is 280 and that's the half zombie. Fast Zombie is 335. Classic 310, etc. (these aren't velocity values in-game, just a # value for speed in the config).

Player speeds were broken for a very long time, not sure what CSS update or w/e fixed it but perhaps we're not out of the woods. However IIRC I was on ZE the other day and the human skins were definitely going a bit faster than regulars, so speed should still be working fine I would imagine.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    I think this is fixed on ZM but I'm not certain.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
    Isn't the donator half zombie skin supposed to be as fast as the fast zombie class?
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    Non-donator half zombie is 280, donator half-zombie is 305. Fast Zombie is 335.
  10. Jan 14, 2012
    Zombie:reloaded sometimes acts weird when it comes to the speed of both zombies and humans. Few months back I had the issue that they all had the same speed (no matter what speed value in classes config). Updating with latest patches plus some reboots fixed that problem. Friend of mine had the same issue, updating + some reboots magically fixed it for him as well.

Not really sure what caused it, but if that's what's happening here, this can fix it.
  11. Feb 1, 2011
    Just hopped on ZM to check out class speeds - they're all the same.

EDIT: Checked on ZE too - 250 across the board.
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    Ha, so nothing works. Fantastic!
  13. Feb 14, 2012
    How fast is the witch if you don't mind me asking?
  14. Apr 9, 2007
  15. May 11, 2011
    well when something breaks here it breaks all the way
  16. Dec 7, 2010
    I don't understand. Are we saying that speeds of both human and zombies are the same?
  17. D3adDawn
    This message by D3adDawn has been removed from public view. Deleted by AppleJack, Mar 12, 2012.
    Mar 12, 2012
  18. Jul 19, 2011
    all I know is the fast zombie is the only one actually fast. It is overpowered since the rest of the humans and zombies have glitched speed. I always die to that dam fast zombie. I think the smoker also has a bit of a bonus speed. Donator half-zombie doesn't seem to have +speed. the fast zombie has a shorter height than the other ones so again... needs to be nerfed.
  19. Apr 9, 2007
    Pretty sure they've been the same speed for well over a year now.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    They were, but I thought it was fixed some-what recently? And now they're broken again apparently if so... :confused:
  21. Apr 9, 2007
    Well, I thought I fixed it for real thanks to DHooks, but I think there's something else set that's "breaking" it.

I'm extraordinarily exhausted, but I'll look into it. If things break, @Haplo's sitting beside me and has stolen the mouse.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1