Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombie Stab Issues

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Nayr, Jun 10, 2013

1. Apr 24, 2012
    Sometimes when im a zombie and i slash the player it makes the noise that i hit them but they dont turn. Any Reason for this?
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Server-side and client-side lag compensation could be one feasible explanation.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I never found a problem with this. It might just be lag.
    • Apr 24, 2012
      Its been happening to me a few times lately. Last night it did it four times in one round...
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's just like sajak said. I've gotten that before too. I think it has to do with steampipe update. Seems like more issues with lag have surfaced since that update.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 24, 2012
      • Feb 3, 2012
        Well I guess you could blame Valve once again.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Hey, without them we wouldn't even have Counter Strike :O
      • Apr 24, 2012
      • Feb 3, 2012
        (Shout out to 300 posts.)
      • May 31, 2012
        I have had similar issues but I believe it is related to the lag. When I am lagging really bad I can "make it" all the way into the middle of the humans and still get nobody but in reality I'm am being head shot by everyone all the way to the other side. To demonstrate my point:

[IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 3
        • Winner Winner x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Yeap, or that moment you are easily walking 10 feet away from a zombie, he still infects you and you magically teleport almost near him, also lagg issues.
        • Apr 24, 2012
          I hate that too.. lol, thanks for the inputs guys.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I know on ZE has an anti-edger plugin (or at least i was told by fellow ZE players) that teleports you to where you were stabbed. Unless you're talking about ZM, then that's just lag lol.
        • Apr 24, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Well, I mean that sometimes, you are walking (visually) 10 feet away from a zombie, but due to lagg/distance between server and client the measure distance is delayed by which are acutally walking right next to the zombie, and if he stabs and the lagg gets away you are being 'teleported' to where you were actually walking
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Oh. That shit pisses me off. And it only ever seems to happen when im running from zombies -.-
        • May 31, 2012
          People wonder why Aprz and I are notoriously killed at the beginning of the round: It's actually cause we suck but we'll just blame the lag :shock:
        • Apr 9, 2012