Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZombieMod: Extended

Discussion in News started by Kyle, Sep 27, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Oh, you wanted it for entities. Yeah, i don't think there is anything for entities.
  2. May 31, 2012
    Oh, also; it might be interesting to restrict infections only on a team so that the plugin can directly provide a 'survival-styled' ZMod (or something in the vein of ZH). I did a godawful ZH plugin over Z:R (which I felt to be as godawful to use as a base because I couldn't really communicate with it) and I thought it was kinda lame that Z:R didn't include simple things like that.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    When we tested ZME, everyone started on the CT team, and the T team was empty. When infection time hit, the zombies moved over to the T team. I'm not sure if at round end by zombies winning if everyone Stayed on T or not, until the new round had actually started.
  4. May 31, 2012
    Well, the plugin thingie I did just used zr_infect @t (because I couldn't be bothered with Z:R) along with a few team balancing chip choppings so it'd be half-half with the spawns being the ones preset. I'm a bit unsure about everyone spawning on a team; wouldn't it cause issues in maps with several spawns with some of them being only CT/T (by not spawning anyone there)?
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Well, we tested ZME with a very large server, and we didn't seem to spawn on top of each other. Noblock was broken with it, so people would have bitched that they were stuck inside of each other. I think initially when you select the T team, you go there, then i quickly switches you to the CT team, because people were running around with T skins on.
  6. May 31, 2012
    I see; it gets changed when you spawn or shortly afterwards. That makes sense.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      There's congestion avoidance, so everyone gets balanced out.

This is what happened.

I'm not sure if this can remain, there are client graphical issues that ensue. CSS: DM has them as well, so I don't believe it's my doing. While I have an idea, I don't know if it will work.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 19, 2013
        sounds awesome! let me know if you guys need help testing or anything. i cant code, but i can test or something if you need it. cant wait for it to be finished. :smile:

also i dont know if its possible but can you make it so you can beacon @target? like beacon whoever your looking at? idk if you can add that in there or not but it would be nice to have for binds
      • Jul 14, 2010
        That's already a feature, @aim. Ex: @beacon @aim so you beacon the person you're looking at. The whole thing has already been implemented I'm pretty sure so you can look for new bugs but I think the testing was all sorted out.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Aug 19, 2013
          @PeNguiN oh ok, thank you very much. for some reason i kept thinking it was @target. i really aprreciate it. as far as the testing goes if someone drops or you guys need help in the future let me know. i would be more than happy to help. :smile:
        • Dec 22, 2013
          • Agree Agree x 1