Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombies health needs to be increased.

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by ck27, Dec 6, 2007

1. Dec 30, 2006
    Im not sure if someone lowered zombies health but its too low. You die almost right away. I know this might be asking for to much but i think zombies health should be increased by 5000 but i know i will never get that. So I think a increase of just 1000 would be good. Killing a zombie should be difficult.
  2. Jun 4, 2006

I'll check into the configuration later and see if I notice any definitive errors but I doubt it, perhaps we'll add a mere 500 for starters and see how it goes, but Jesus Christ ck, not 5k... :shock:
  3. Dec 30, 2006
    I did say 5000 was asking for too much. :smile: I think though a thousand would be good. That would give zombies more time to work at a barricade before getting killed. This would not throw the game out of balance either. I think it would make it tougher for ct and even it out even more.
  4. Posts
    Just increased it by a tad (100-300 more health) for zombies.
  5. Dec 30, 2006
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    Even 500 extra health is not really much, when you think about headshots. Most guns can hit about 100-150 if you land a decent enough headshot on someone. As it is now, zombies seem to be dieing a lot faster than they used to. I propose an increase of maybe 1000-2500.

-Reaper
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Sure zombies die faster, but keep in mind they come back AS zombies... not like in the old days where if they died they were human again, so perhaps this is evening things out.

Currently:

zombie_health 3200
    zombie_speed 325
    zombie_fov 100
    zombie_knockback 3

2 years ago:

zombie_health 2000
    zombie_speed 295
    zombie_fov 125
    zombie_knockback 6
  8. Mar 17, 2007
  9. Posts
    Things have changed though..

The zombie health ranges from like 3700-2200.

Each zombie had about 500-800hp more before the respawn as zombie change was put into effect, and since thats a huge advantage for zombies, we needed to give an advantage for the humans: zombies dying faster to at least give em a chance.
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    The only way we can really tell if it is even is by setting HLstatsX up again to count human wins versus zombie wins... observations aren't accurate enough...
  11. Dec 30, 2006
    Ct still have a fairly large advantage and i am 100 percent confident of that but we will need stats to prove it.
  12. Dec 30, 2006
    I did a couple map votes and the players seem to agree that zombies health is still very low. I dont think it would throw the game off balance cause most of the time a zombie is versing 15 ct shooting at them constantly so that 3k in health goes down in about 5 seconds. how much does that stats thing cost? That might be good so we can definitely tell who has the upper advantage.
  13. Posts
    Updated.

Code:
    "zm_classes"
    {
    "zombie_classic"
    {
    "classname"	"Classic Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/pil/classic"
    "health"	"3300"
    "speed"		"265"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"3"					
    }
    "zombie_zombine"
    {
    "classname"	"Zombine"
    "model"		"models/player/lextalionis/zombine/t_phoenix"
    "health"	"3800"
    "speed"		"305"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"3"					
    }
    "zombie_crisp"
    {
    "classname"	"Crisp Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/zh/zh_charple001"
    "health"	"2900"
    "speed"		"315"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"4"					
    }
    "zombie_fat"
    {
    "classname"	"Fat Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/lextalionis/fatty/t_phoenix"
    "health"	"3700"
    "speed"		"300"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"3"					
    }
    "zombie_fast"
    {
    "classname"	"Fast Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/pil/fast_v5/pil_fast_v5"	
    "health"	"2800"
    "speed"		"325"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"4"					
    }
    "zombie_alien"
    {
    "classname"	"Poison Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/pil/poison/poison"
    "speed"		"280"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"3"					
    }
    "babycrab"
    {
    "classname"	"Half Zombie"
    "model"		"models/player/slow/frazzle/frazzle"
    "health"	"2200"
    "speed"		"275"					
    "jump_height"	"90"					
    "knockback"	"4"					
    }
    }
  14. Jun 4, 2006
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    Free. We can host it on the box but Cam would have to install SQL / PHP. The only reason HLStatsX costs any money is because 1) They can host it for you, and 2) it allows your server to be a part of the global rank - they have some page on their site that has every server running HLStatsX from #1 to #.......whatever. We don't need hosting, nor a 'global rank'
  16. Posts
    I accidently deleted that from my post while I was formatting it, posion has 3500.
  17. Dec 14, 2007
    I would say, instead of increasing zombie health, just reduce knockback. For most intents and purposes it will have the same effect.
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    That only works to a certain degree pretty soon you cant compensate anymore due to the ratios being outta wack.
  19. Feb 3, 2007
    Yup.. We will be implementing the zombie's descriptions/qualities once you press !zmenu it will be all there and so for example: !zmenu

Poison Zombie (Low Knockback, Slow, 3500 HP etc...) know what i mean?

and then of course they will have the exact discriptions as qualities :razz:
  20. Apr 9, 2007
    Wont those descriptions be a little long? :tongue: If it fits though great idea.