Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombies launching through vendies

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by teemo, May 13, 2014

1. Jan 25, 2014
    I was playing on the new version of zm_cbble and was in the fenced area inside and had the vendies laying down on there side and was defending zombies and all the sudden the zombie jumped on the vendy and launched him to the back of the fence area. So basically he flew inside.

I did not recreate the bug here but just showing how the cade was and that a zombie somehow got launched into the fence area when he trying to get in.

Attached Files:

• bug.dem
      File size:
      890.6 KB
  2. Feb 13, 2014
    I witnessed this as I was First Person specing the zombie that did it at the time. Unfortunately, I wasn't recording when it happened. Didn't appear to be a bhop trick or anything. Just a weird rail gun effect when the zombie came into contact with the vendy.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Upload your demo in an archive. It's broken if you upload it straight to the site like that. Since it's my map, i'd really like to see what the issue is.
  4. Sep 25, 2010
    This isn't map specific. From what I know, if you keep shooting a vendi that is laying down and a zombie jumps on it, it can launch them up if they spam jump.
  5. Feb 25, 2014
    Some maps really have broken props so annoying
  6. May 12, 2014
    It was me that this happened to!
    Post Merged, May 14, 2014
    I was on top of vending machine holding e & slashing while I was getting shot at... out of nowhere it flung me forward. Without the fence in front of me I dont know how far I would of gone
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    Sounds like he just glitched through it. That's common behavior for glitchable vendis.
  8. Dec 27, 2012
    ^ This. I have been able to manipulate this bug occassionally but sometimes it won't work no matter what I try.

Here is a theory that I have yet to prove 100% successful but at least it works most of the time.

- Somewhat uncommon type of "lag" or "glitch"; whatever way you wish to call it, occurs every now and then to random players at random occassions AFAIK. Have you ever noticed that when you jump up onto someones head, you feel like the persons head you're standing on is lagging? You try to move and experience approx. 0.6 second delay before your character starts to move from position and can't help but to think DA FAQ? You jump up on someone elses head just to make a lag test but nothing out of the ordinary happens there. It's just THAT guys head, everyone elses are as usual. You jump up on the "lag head" again and start shooting X amount of bullets and realise that the spread is HUGE no matter what weapon you use. You just can't seem to hit anything due to the ridiculously large amount of spread.

I call this a "glitched head" and this can be used in this very interesting little trick that has been brought up in this thread.

- I will take an example and I have personally done this MULTIPLE times intentionally. At the map Zm_Firewall_pF there is a tall tower at the very right from the CT spawn. Usually people uses this tower by shooting a bookcase up on the top of it then proceed to place it properly below. A less used but still common strategy is to place 2 vendies at the bottom of the tower, at the door. One in the front and one behind it OR placing them left and right. A "glitched" zombie proceeds to break the Barricade that now has been made at the bottom, trying to pull the vendy towards him and then out of the door. He gets stuck because humans are shooting him + the vendy onto him while he is also pulling it towards him by holding the key E. This is where I come in.

- By simply jumping onto the zombie that has a "glitched" head while he is stuck in a prop you will/can get launched into the air. The launch is good enough to get on top of the tower. I still haven't experimented enough with this but it may be that humans must shoot the vendy while you attempt to launch yourself from the zombies "glitched" head. It's also possible that the zombie has to hold down E while facing the vendy as well.

I am pretty sure that this trick works 100% as long as the persons head you're trying to get this nasty boost from is "glitched". It happens only on very rare occassions as I don't think you can make your head glitchy at command.

Pretty interesting and funny to do, if given the chance. I usually don't stab anyone even if I can when this happens, just the reactions from them are enough.
    Vicarious, May 14, 2014 Last edited by Vicarious, May 14, 2014
  9. Mar 8, 2013
    cbble tredux doesn't have glitchable props.

this bug functions sort of like runboosting. I've been launched this way to the back wall of the 2-vendy corridor on lila panic.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It just sounds like a physics glitch. They can be common if you try and fit a prop where it doesn't fit or other props collide with it weird.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      when retslag plays, vendis glitch through retslag.
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1