Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zombs and spawn camping

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by 1-1e11's S!lent Gu@rdi@n, Jan 3, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 3, 2007
    This is an awesome server. But it needs something (if no admin) so the zombs won't camp the spawn areas like an autoslap command or temporary invisability or speed boost for the humans. Plus the zombs need more hp because of camps.
  2. Posts
    HLstatsX for the win! Cam, did ya check out the requirements on it? I'm pretty damn sure we could install it on the box -- once its up I'll configure it to work well for ZM and skin it.

The only 'close' solution would be some kind of anti-camp system. I'm pretty sure you can add .cfg files with coordinates on every map we have on the server that will outline the area of spawns. If someone spends too much time in that defined area, it will slap them or slay them, etc. with a warning on their screening telling them to get out of the spawn. Figuring out the coordinates might be a bitch, and having to do it to every map would just suck, but the outcome may be worth it.

We wouldn't use a standard anti-camp, considering most of those only detect when a player is not moving at all, and since humans tend to stay in one spot it would affect them.
  3. Dec 30, 2006
    I think admins are the answer to it and i really dont think it is worth the effort to try and find a script to try and stop people from spawn camping. It is a problem but its not the worst thing that happens on a server. I mean do you really go cry cause u got spawned into a zombie. I dont but of course i like being a zombie so i can zombify people and watch them curse out when i get them.
  4. Posts
    Possible Solution: Zombie Tools

Sauce: No, I haven't had a chance yet, but I will.
  5. Jan 4, 2007
    yah i know,people are getting stuck often,and u have to be a non-lazzyass to type !stuck.zombies should not spawn camp,it's no fun when people dont play by the rules or the admins rules. :angry:
  6. Jan 11, 2007
    I was on one other server (while I couldn't get on plaguefest, ofcourse) where they had an interesting solution to the zombie spawn-camp problem. As soon as a human respawned, he gained the advantage of invisibility + extra speed, but had no weapons (nor could he pick up any weapons) for a short period of time (roughly 10 seconds). After this time, the player became a normal human, and was instantly given a Mac10 and Elites as basic defensive weapons.

I really liked this approach, as it made the concept of "spawn camping" a non-issue. Humans were essentially spawning at random points on the map, and were given basic (but by no means powerful) defensive weapons. Thus everything was on even footing.

Sadly, I don't know which server it was (the name started with 'zombie'). As soon as my computer is back up and running, I will try to find out which server it was.

Cheers,
    Mer
  7. Posts
    Render state 0.
  8. Dec 30, 2006
    I really dont think spawn cmaping should be considered that big of a problem where we have ot get another mod or whatever to stop it. Its going to happen and i say just let it. Its not like it causes that much trouble or is that serious of a thing. Like i said if it was up to me like in real life once u become a zombie your immortal. So you should be zombie for entire round but that is just my opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.