Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

ZSpawn and Zombie Class Change

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Bownok, Apr 26, 2012

Should zspawn be disabled with a rebalance of zombie class?

Yes, it should be disabled. 4 vote(s) 21.1%
No, leave it as it is. 15 vote(s) 78.9%
  1. Mar 18, 2012
    I think that we should consider rebalancing the zombie system to allow a more balanced play on certain maps. ZSpawn should be disabled because it can stack the zombie team and make the round impossible to win. In boss fight maps like Predator or Mako, players who are killed by the boss will severely hurt the survivor team by dealing no more damage to the boss, having less player to defend after the boss battle, and it gives the survivor team an extra zombie to deal with. Upon losing half of the team in boss battle, you now have half the player to defend and 1.5x more zombie to deal with. By disabling zspawn, this will balance out the gameplay some more, so even if you do lose half of your team to a boss, you still have a slighter chance at defending against the zombie afterward. Once the survivor beat the boss, the survivor team has zero chance of holding against the zombie. Items like ultima in Mako also have a reduced effected, all of the zombie who just died to the ultima just type in !zspawn and five seconds later, they come back in your face trying to kill you again. Disabling zspawn will also prevent first round lose and mid-game stacking.

First round lose is mainly caused by late players who joined the server after the game have progressed, adding in unnecessary amount of zombie when they should not have been there in the first place. The round should never start with 20 survivors playing against 40 zombies. Mid-game stacking is caused by players leaving the server, freeing up an extra slot for someone else to join. Survivor can leave mid-game, reducing the amount of survivor remaining to help fight against the zombie. But this will also cause issue with additional players joining the server to fill in the missing slot, then joining the game and inflating the zombie team. Now for no reason, you just have lost one survivor and now you have to fight an additional zombie

Due to the high zombie population, it is very easy to kill the starting zombie, which is the main reason why zspawn is enabled. Starting zombie should get a health buff (they need one anyway even with zspawn) by around 10000. Several maps are required to add in a trigger to buff the zombie health because the zombie died too fast before it could do anything. It would also be nice if the starting zombie get health based on the number of players, more players should add in more health for the starting zombie. Other zombie class should also get a health buff as well, to compensate for the lack of respawn. Sorry for any spelling error/grammar mistake you may find because I'm blind.
    Bownok, Apr 26, 2012 Last edited by Bownok, Apr 26, 2012
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    People would just cause a shit storm you know this bownok Plaguefest Ze Players are Mostly Little Cunts that complain all the time about everysingle detail. But my Opinon wont matter Just wait for @Josh @Kyle @Haplo Do Read and etc. as there the ones that actually have the power to do anyof these
  3. Oct 17, 2011
    Lolz. I don't think any of these can be possible except for adding the health. Also, I dunno if this is a great idea or possible and I don't think there's anything wrong with all zombies spawning together and getting stacked except for lag.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    hmm. i kinda like having respawn. some items on certain maps are insta-death to zombies (gauss rifle, ultima materia , (that one gun on paranoid)) which means it would make the round go extremely easy in most cases. also it would suck being dead and having to wait around watching. we have a map that has no respawn and there are usually many complaints about the map because of it.
    So imo, i kinda like how it is. although it does suck to be overan by zombies because some people are dumb or grief but i cant really see any other option making it better.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Any way of making it so that only people turned into zombies respawn as zombies? So people who join mid-round never spawn as zombies until the next round?
    • Feb 9, 2012
      It would then be able to be abused. people would wait till the zombies are selected, then choose a team.
    • Apr 12, 2012
      Sorry, I meant - any way of making it so that only mother zombies and people zombified during the round respawn as zombies? This would stop horrible first round fails, and mid-round stacking where the round is long (pred, mako, exorath).
    • Feb 11, 2012
      No! It's fine now you can still win the maps :waiting:
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Jul 4, 2011
        Even though I'm not a fan of having respawn on I wouldn't say it'd be a good idea to disable it. Most people who die/joins late just want to get into the action rather than spectating. If respawn was disabled I can imagine many leaving the server because they just don't want to wait minutes to play again. Sure, if respawn was disabled we'd win maps like Predator and Mako Reactor all the time but the challenge to it would be gone, PlagueFest is the largest ZE server out there and one of few with respawn on which makes it unique and challenging.

The zombie classes on the other hand needs a change, they are just not fit for ZE. The crawler for example can't even be spotted in Mako Reactor at the final holding point if the ultima gets triggered (not to bitch about making Mako any 'easier', but the crawlers do make maps somewhat harder as you need to aim for 2 kinds of hitboxes).

:zombiekiller:
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 18, 2011
          He summed it up pretty well on most maps people would get discouraged and annoyed over the sometimes long wait till next round would start and leave causing a lower overall server population.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          I think people just wouldn't wait a whole round just to then play. Leave it as is, as for the half zombie I like it it's not that hard to aim down at it.......
        • Apr 1, 2012
          in maps with many holding points like Flying World, legoland or biohazard rpd, disabling !zspawn would make the map too easy for CTs imo.
          not to mention, people would just go and hunt for zombies if respawn is disabled.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          This thread is full of bad ideas. :bugeyes:
          • Agree Agree x 5
          • Aug 18, 2006
            At the very most, I would be willing to consider raising the respawn time, reducing the number of mother zombies, and maybe weakening the zombie classes a little bit. However, I think the the current configurations are fine the way they are. I am willing to tweak them a little, but I don't want to make any drastic gameplay changes especially considering ZE is the #1 CS:S game server in the world right now according to game tracker, which is definitely a good indication we're doing things right, as players seem to like it.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jul 19, 2011
              I like the idea of just straight up nerfing the zombie classes. The fast zombie seems to me a bit stacked. Its already a different height than the mothers and it has an insane speed bonus in ze. Maybe increase kb a bit?
            • Mar 5, 2012
              So me personally... I like to see myself as the good guy zombie.
              There is an auto respawn that happens about 30 seconds or so after you die.
              I like to think that the CTs did an awesome job at killing me and I'd give them a few seconds to deal with one less zombie.
              So I sit and wait until that respawn happens.

!zspawn is an option, but there is no need to be immediately right back in their face.

The maps are still doable with the way things currently are.
              We still win rounds.
              I think instead of changing to make things to be easier...
              Maybe we should spend our time teaching the players who play ZE... How to play it well, what to look for, and how to listen.
            • May 11, 2011
              the fact that it is hard is what makes challenging and fun game play two me and there is really no need to change it.my to cents any way:cool:
            • Mar 31, 2012
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • May 11, 2011
                it instantly respawns you when you die as a zombie
              • Apr 21, 2012
                OMMR's do a good job of makeing people loseing intrest by useing a nerf gun so this topic should be closed.

"Everyone buy shotguns and get ready for good times"