Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Zspawn disable suggestion

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by BigMac, Jan 6, 2012

1. Nov 24, 2011
    I noticed that Paranoid has it's zspawn functionality disabled in it. I suggest we do that in a few more maps, specifically ones with afk killers.

Indiana Jones
    Mount Doom
    Ice Escape

Are a few off my head that I know of. There is a server stability issue here as someone can zspawn spam in this case which will cause an item overflow in the spawn.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    I saw on another server where it disabled zspawn when detecting AFK killers, could use something like it on maps like these (Paranoid should still have it disabled completely).
  3. Feb 12, 2011
    I don't think people mind if you said it's on hellz.

Either way, I think that would be a good option too, so paranoid doesn't have to have respawn disabled, can cause some balance issues if the first zombie is unlucky.
  4. Aug 18, 2006
    Easy. But it should already be disabled those maps? :mellow:

I know I had to fix for Ice Escape the other day.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1504018
  6. Aug 18, 2006

As I stated earlier though, verify whether or not respawn is disabled on said maps, as they should be.
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Just enable zspawn on every map and let the plugin do its job. That'll probably work the best and it's the easiest way.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    It may be the easiest way, but it's not the proper way to disable it and it's certainly not the best way either. I don't want the plugin to prevent respawning as a result of the AFK killer. I only want it fix failed nukes...

[EDIT] Disabled ZSpawn on said maps.
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    Guys.. now i read this here i have the following question..
    Will !zspawn be disabled in future? If Yes, Do i need to put that option also in my map like paranoid or not?

Since i am still working on that map (making something a bit diffirent on it + lagg fixxes), i still can add options if need.

x
  10. Apr 9, 2007
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    Respawn is only disabled for maps with AFK killers.
  12. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]I dont know to be honest :razz: [/font]
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]I prefer just asking to be sure then making my map and then others comming like 'Hey make a afk killer' [IMG][/font]