Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

AFK kicker

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Detonator, Mar 5, 2011

1. Oct 22, 2010
    reaper, you're missing the point, we know the spot would be filled instantly, we do, the point is, we are FORCING the people who want to play to buy donater, and donations keep the server alive

that is why josh doesn't want you to kick AFK's in spectate
  2. Mar 16, 2008
    I would be fine with a plugin that kicks the longest "AFK" person if the server is full but we would never be full then.
  3. Dec 7, 2010
    After some thought, I really like Josh's take on not kicking spectators. It would be nice to have the aura of exclusivity being a donor and having special privileges that others do not. Almost like an exclusive club where you need to be a member for guaranteed access.

And remember the selling points of being a donor:
    - Guaranteed access to all 9 gaming servers with a Reserved Slot.
    - Special Forum area for donors.
    - Special skins reserved for donors:
    - No fall damage as a human.
    - Rapid regeneration as a zombie.
    - Improved jumping ability.
    - Most importantly: You are supporting the pF community.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    While Josh's comment was in bad taste. We do need money to stay afloat, and we need all the help we can get. At the moment kicking AFK players may not be the most elegant solution, however it needs to be done (Should obviously check before hand, but anyways). Admins can kick AFKs from spectator at this time if they are truly away and the server is full. However this is going to change in the near future, probably tonight.

As per your own signature, why do you insist on acting like a faggot?
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    i was just clarifying josh's statement, i don't think keeping PF alive is in bad taste ... :/
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    You seem to be forgetting that it's possible to have a full server where not a single player is AFK. And the fact that the AFK kicker wouldn't begin kicking people unless the server had been full, and then it would have to wait a few rounds before it even kicked the player, so during that time it would be full, and it would be full soon after it kicked the AFK since players would join. It would be a very... safe & subtle AFK kicker.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
  8. Mar 12, 2008
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Does this automatically now, Spec -> Kick if full.
  10. Sep 25, 2010
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    What are the rules of this? Anyone in spec is kicked? what if it is an admin making a demo? or a regular making a demo of an abusing admin?
  12. Feb 15, 2011
    Well this means that these person wouldn't be afk...

And there is a good point of people being afk.
    If the server is full of player that are not being afk, then this will bring lag. If there is some player afk in a full server(let's say zm2 62/62), it would reduce the lag.

This is my taught!
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    I hope there is some intelligence to this mechanism as there are several maps which require admins to be in spectate for the entire map to enforce the rules. I would not enjoy being kicked for administrating a map in spectate and then being kicked.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    I afked for like 10 -15 mins and was not kicked
  15. Mar 16, 2008
    Right Now, Admins and Donators are null to the kick, it will however remove people who are in spec to record a demo if the server is full.
  16. Jun 4, 2006
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    Are we allowed to kick spectators if the server is full?

The short answer is No. We want active participation in the game but we also want to maintain a full server at the same time. In order to achieve both goals, pF sells donor packages which comes with reserved slots. We want to promote and encourage users to purchase a donor package which allows them to connect even when the server is full. Kyle has also implemented an automated method of removing AFK spectators on full servers so it is not necessary to manually kick anyone. Admin and Donors are exempt from being removed while in AFK spectate.
  18. Sep 25, 2010
    eh, no, will test again when server is full by using friends who are not admins or donators.
  19. Mar 14, 2011
    I didn't read the whole thread. Just hope that if this is installed, it's not like the afk-manager i've seen at a portuguese server that kicks everyone that doesn't move from spawn at 15 seconds after the begining of the round. I've been kicked so many times (in that server) at maps like mako or voodoo islands where u don't have much space to move.
  20. Sep 25, 2010