Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[May 9, 2020] Week 2 of Weekly ZE Events

Discussion in Events started by hzrd ヅ, May 4, 2020

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Week 2 of Weekly ZE Events
CS:S Zombie Escape
ze.plaguefest.com
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Start Date: May 9, 2020 05:00 PM
End Date: May 9, 2020 09:00 PM
Time zone: America/New_York -04:00 EDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Feb 10, 2017
    After our successful first week, we have decided to keep this thing going!

Our second event will take place on Saturday, May 9th, at 2:00PM PST (5:00PM Eastern and 9:00PM GMT)

Maps being played: FapEscape and LOTR Minas Tirith! (You guys are welcomed to play any map after these two are played)
    IP: 167.114.54.253:27015 or type "connect ze.plaguefest.com" in console.

This will be our first full event with no Fall Damage!

VIP upgrades will be given out thanks to @Brian. If you're willing to give out more prizes, contact me.

If you're an admin with power to extend maps, please reach out to me!

@sahok2 @Rud @Tony @Brian @Hydreigon @dillinger @Bo{g}dan
    Please don't let us down again :arrogant: @Kyro
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Brian
      This message by Brian has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, May 4, 2020, Reason: placeholder.
      May 4, 2020
    • Apr 26, 2015
    • Sep 6, 2017
      Love me some zombie escape; looking forward to it. Thanks for coordinating it @hzrd ヅ :thumbsup:
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Oct 25, 2013
        Would really like to join but unfortunately my working shift is Sunday-Thursday and 9pm is too late for me. At best I can maybe do half an hour. Though I wish you guys luck
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Sep 6, 2017
          Soooo...I hope you guys don't mind. I've been spending some of this quarantine trying to learn new things. One of those is re-learning the Adobe creative suite. I used this ZE event to make an after effects project and learn some more about splicing content together. I apologize ahead of time; but I did not ask anyone's permission so if anyone has any complaints please let me know immediately and I'll rip the video down.

Here is the video...
          • Like x 2
          • Friendly x 2
          • Artistic x 2
          • Winner x 1
          • Zing! x 1
          • Wizard! x 1
          • Apr 24, 2012
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Mar 1, 2018
              I'm gonna take all your prizes, Hzrd, because you're a nerd and I'm awesome at whatever this event is for.
              • Funny Funny x 2
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Feb 10, 2017
                Well, if it means you can help the team more than @Kyro, then I think its a win.
              • Apr 24, 2020
                Great map choices. Please also enable rebuys (along with !kevlar and 1 extra !he)

For future ZE-specific events, I'd recommend using a different time slot, or day of the week, to avoid overlapping with other servers. I guess we can see how this week goes, but as a dedicated ZE player it would be a really tough decision to decide which event to attend.

In order to populate the server, we would need some regular ZE players from other servers to join. Saturdays 5pm Eastern is reserved for GFL's weekly events, so large portion of the NA player base would be occupied. Saturday morning is also when EU servers host their events, so those players are unlikely to stick around either.

Fridays are event free, a great time to schedule these. Time-zones would be tricky, since people might be occupied until 5pm pacific. Maybe do a poll to determine what folks prefer, but avoid the overlaps with other servers. This is specific to ZE, not sure about MG
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Feb 10, 2017
                  We have decided to keep these disabled. PlagueFest is known for their classic and harder settings which a lot of people do miss.

I've reached out to players, both old and new, who are interested in bringing PF ZE back. I know we're competing against a community who has been doing weekly events for a while now so it will be interesting to see what numbers we get. It's always good to have some sort of competition. This isn't a set schedule for these ZE events, but this is what the community asked for. Last week, we had an event on Friday where we reached ~50 players but many of our community members were not able to attend.

We hope you can come out and have ZE fun with us!
                • Sep 6, 2017
                  A game-mode like ZE only looses popularity if the community stops supporting it by ending regular events and by not attending the server anymore. If I may make a suggestion... in past communities I have been a part of, one of the more successful methods I saw to keep servers popular was a hosted community night for each server. On a designated weekly night, all the popular admins and members would swarm the server and it would drive the server to be full. As more regular or new players would jump on, admins and senior members would slowly jump off to make room. I was always surprised at how well it worked to keep the servers full. Occasionally they would all just randomly swarm a low number server to boost its value.

Okay, that was my two cents thrown into pot. Ramble over!
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Jun 4, 2006
                    Main event is over, but we're currently playing some post-event Mako if you missed it. Thanks to everyone who attended and congrats to event winners @Undead, @Xwb, and @Bl@ke! :zombiekiller:
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Feb 10, 2017