Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

New servers coming soon!

Discussion in Future Servers started by Ray, Dec 11, 2010

1. Mar 13, 2010

Also, idk what customs is but sure... why not?? And jailbreak is eh imo.
  2. May 31, 2008
    these kids who don't know what customs is/was make me sad
  3. Jun 29, 2008
  4. Aug 8, 2008
    YES! I AGREA WIT THIT STATEMATE CUMPLETEEY
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    tl;dr it's your box so do what you want with it.

Is it really about money.

Really.

it's all about money?

also yeah, I crashed the shit out of their servers. it was fun as hell and I was probably doing them all a favor. All i ever heard in there was "OMG FREE KILLER PIECE OF SHIT" " ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN ADMIN "

so if you want to kill plaguefest, go for it.

if you want to resurrect what PF truly is, and have a spot for some of the server regs to hang out without the looming feeling of a constant watch of an admin on them, bring back customs.

really, bring it back. Only the good people hung out there, and it was a great gaming experience. Nobody cared what happened there and Everyone was cool with each other.

On the other hand like i said before if you want to kill the server population by bringing a bunch of whiny bitchy people to the server just for the money, be my guest. i no longer contribute any money here, But as an oldfag admin, I hope that my opinion would weigh more than that.
  6. Mar 16, 2008
    You're not an admin here anymore and you don't know about our finances. We are a Zombiemod Based Community and not Customs. Zombiemod Comes first and that is all that I care about keeping. This extra box is only about bringing more people into the community and helping pay bills to upgrade the new box more. I love the fact that old admins enjoy customs but if it doesn't bring money in when we can only have 2-3 more servers and we need the cash. I don't see it as being needed. Maybe when we aren't trying to upgrade more but not now... :confused:
  7. Aug 11, 2010
  8. Apr 4, 2009
    Even when/if it came back it wouldn't be the same as it was before, what happened there and the special "customs only admins" will not fly.
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    Indeed. Last time customs was online it seemed like it was an admin only server...
  10. Nov 11, 2010
    Minigames ! Mg server seem to be relaxing after getting pwned at zombie servers .. Jailbreak is boring , it's either rebel , lr , dying , freekilling . Gets boring overtime..

Mg is never ending fun . Unlike jailbreak , no matter what maps you are in , it's just cages .. watch towers .. gathering points . MG however , allow

map creators to create different maps in a lot of different way and hence allowing fun to last for a long time .
  11. Jul 14, 2010
    the zombie mod server is already filled with dumbasses and there are already people screaming admin 24/7 so i dont see how jailbreak could bring in more (dumbasses)....
  12. Nov 21, 2010
    Not sure what most of these mods are, but I'm sure whatever is picked will be a nice, fun addition.

An old school WC3 server (4-8 races/10 levels) would be awesome, but thats not gonna happen.
  13. Sep 21, 2008
    Taters has a good point, and I don't see why we can't have our cake and eat it too. Put 2 money making servers on the box + customs. Minigames + __________ and customs. You fill in the blank.
  14. Mar 16, 2008
    Taurah, I don't want to be rude but you are the last person I want to hear from for finances and backing customs. Customs never sold admin and it was always a break area where rules were not followed and nothing productive happened. You want something for free when I gave you admin for over a year until you went a month with 10 minutes logged on CSS. Until people buy admin just to play customs, It isn't a priority. Don't get me wrong, I want to give something back to the admins who are supporting us but they're paying for a service which I want to provide first.
  15. Sep 21, 2008
    When I did ask for admin, it was when I was playing zombiemod almost every day. Furthermore,offering my help/assistance as a responsible individual who has in the past not only led a css clan but also has set up, modded and has been in charge of 2 servers,(gungame and reg) doesn't seem like something that was unfair at that time. When I ceased to assist in administrating the server, my position was revoked and that's fine. Clearly customs won't bring in money, and you have your duty to your subscribers, so best of luck with whatever you choose.
  16. Apr 9, 2007
    When the Box payments are now $435USD a month, no shit.

Wouldn't kill anything by expanding.

That worked when we were shooting for $80USD a month for both ZM and Customs.

This is not true, it became an exclusive club and just festered hatred for other admins. You know this, along with everyone else who played there.

Again, this will not happen. We're making no profit at the moment, we're in the hole actually.

It doesn't matter if you contribute $100000 or absolutely nothing. Your opinion is still weighted evenly against everyone elses.

EDIT: If this continues to stray. We're going to lock the thread as it isn't producing any positive results.
  17. Mar 12, 2008

Regular users went there too, but not as much as the rest of us

Home away from home kinda feeling there.

Also what happened to that box that i helped purchase last year?
  18. Jan 5, 2007
    Not sure what the point of that statement is.

For as long as I can remember, PlagueFest has always been primarily nothing but a ZombieMod server. There's no need to "resurrect what PF truly is" since it never went anywhere, in fact it's grown massively since it first began. I still remember the days when the only admins would be Sauce Helmet(before he was Brian), ck27, Aceros, Mer, myself, and a couple others. Now we have what, nearly 70 admins on the list and most are paying for it? IF you think PlagueFest has "died" to the point of needed resurrecting, then you must have been playing on a completely different server.

As for what type of new servers to host, all I can think of would be a MiniGames server or somehow mix ZombieRiot and ZombieMod into the same server. The latter would probably be impossible to do well, if at all.
  19. May 31, 2008
  20. Apr 9, 2007
    The issue with Zombie Riot was it is a resource whore. We just couldn't afford to run it after the OrangeBox swap. I cannot even begin to fathom what on earth you're seeing from that combination lol >.<