Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PlanetSide : Why aren't you playing?

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Nov 26, 2012

1. Feb 21, 2007
    This seems like a nuclear dawn type game....and may go the same way
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Much different luckily.. nuclear dawn ended up being a lot smaller scale and kind of boring, basically team death match on standard small maps with some capture the point thrown in (RTS part was kinda poorly implemented as well). The sheer scale of Planetside 2 puts it in to a whole nother class. Fact that its free with the ability to basically get everything in the cash shop through playing doesn't hurt either.

Also, Planetside 2 isn't hosted/deved by a small indie company (not that they are bad). Its done by one that actually afford to have a good dev team and good servers.
      Dharkk, Nov 27, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Nov 27, 2012
    • Apr 4, 2009
      Started 35-2, then we started to get pushed back....

[IMG]
    • Nov 29, 2010
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I still can't figure out why my shit isn't recording at a higher res. oh well.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Dear gods this game has some animation glitches that need to get smoothed out.
      • Apr 4, 2009

Got the second sniper rifle. :smile:
      • Jan 11, 2012
        So it's basically base wars on 3 huge planets per server?
      • Mar 12, 2008
        yup. For example, today purple team was trying to push red back, and we were free to cut down the middle into purple territory. They got smart and stopped what they were doing to come stop us, but then red was pushing them back.

it's a constant struggle for territory.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        There are three continents on each one each faction has a area of the map that cannot be taken from them. From there the teams expand out capturing a command building for each segment of the continent. Where the colors on the map meet is the most contested areas. You can see massive battles there. I've even seen 10 plus tank convoys roll through into some pretty epic encounters. We had quite the battle for a place called The Crown earlier.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
      • Oct 9, 2012
        Looks pretty fun actually. But work + girlfriend + sleep = no time for games :frown:
      • Jun 18, 2012
        I downloaded it like last week and ... well I spawned and died right away. Then I just quit the game and didn't touch it again. The whole selection menu on weapons was kinda confusing to I JUST WANTED TO RUN ARROUND AND SHOOT, not pick a whole loadout first.
      • Mar 12, 2008

that's ALL you get to do at the start. unless you went and bought something to use IN the loadout, you should have only 1 set of weapons per class.

and dying is part of the game, in fact, it's what you get to do around 70% of the time, unless you're an infiltrator, then it's 15.967% of the time.
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Idk why I went through the menus, it took a lot of time to get ''dropped'' and then I had to pick a weapon class, then I saw all these other clickables and went through them ... I saw so much and want to NOT read so badly that I took the quickest way out of there, I ended up standing in a little building, I set one step, figured my video options were way off, and got shot in my back.

If you guys really think it's that good ... I guess I'll try it again.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        That's their version of the tutorial.. first thing I did when I got in the game was hit escape and skipped it all >.< It defaults you to Light Assault and then drops you, can always change the class you are later.
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Haha ok well playing now, and eventhough I have no clue what to do I managed to get a kill here and there. Sense it'll make later on like any other game.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Since most of us are playing as NC update for most of us. There will be a buff coming to NC weapons it seems they have over nerfed us. :grin: