Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PlanetSide : Why aren't you playing?

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, Nov 26, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2008
    hail mary. now my LA80 will 1-shot heavies through their over-armor. swag
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    Hmm, this looks like fun, maybe I'll get around to downloading it sometime.
  3. Mar 12, 2008

He was mad.

This is the push for taking East Canyon back from the red.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 20, 2010
      He so mad. That was a good fight we had at that point.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      R.I.P Tater's sunderer... you shall be missed and never forgotten.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jan 5, 2007

I'd play more if the memory leaks didn't cause the game to self destruct every couple hours.
      • Jul 1, 2010
        NC is awesome, better from range, more damage, and more armor for vehicles. We also had half of Indar yesterday :grin:

Also, very glad the game doesn't crash for me :razz:
      • Mar 12, 2008

and memory leak? i never crashed because of one. Must be rare
      • Jan 5, 2007
        I play VS on SolTech, and enjoy bombing people with a Magrider from far outside their range.

As for the memory leak, I have a monitor showing CPU/RAM use and the RAM slowly climbs as the game goes on. Even if I stay in the main base away from people it still eventually crashes once too much RAM gets used.
      • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Odd. It might be a bug they're fixing, or they might not notice it at all. It's still being fixed regularly, at least i hope, from all the patches i've been having to download.

I only have 8 gigs RAM and i've been able to play ~8+ hours with no problems. Not sure if this is a factor or not
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Only thing I don't like about the Magrider is the small arc that you can swivel.. and I almost always win in a 1 on 1 match against a Magrider... not really hard to avoid shit. Only thing I really like is the magburner, which is kinda neat. Though I really like the Vanguard shield, just need the 100 certs to get it.
        Dharkk, Dec 6, 2012 Last edited by Dharkk, Dec 6, 2012
      • Aug 18, 2006
        Im not playing because well.. You know why.
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Thought i'd offer some tips and tricks on various little things. I'm writing this for NC because LIVE FREE IN THE NC

• Medic default gun has little to no recoil. It pulls up and to the right when it does, so by slowly moving the mouse down and to the left you can eliminate any recoil. Also get the forward grip.
        • As an infiltrator, While cloaked you can easily get a bead on many hapless targets. You can de-cloak while scoped in and hit shift to steady breathing. Your target won't see you till you pull the trigger.
        • As a heavy, you are wildly inaccurate at mid range without an attachment. The red dot hologram is one of the better sights to use.
        • The HS/NV scope will allow you to see cloaked infiltrators at close range. It also gives a white silhouette to targets/friendlies making for easy acquisition.
        • @Dharkk is a "backseat driver".
        • Pressing "B" (by default) Will switch your firing mode from Full-auto to Single-shot. This does not work on default sniper rifles, the MAX, or the heavy's machine gun.
        • Bio-labs and Amp Stations are worth ~1000 EXP. that's 4 certs plus the EXP you get from fixing stuff inside, rezzing team mates, and killing the opposition. Worth the time and effort to capture.
        • If you happen to pull a @Clam Chowder and flip your Reaver over on its top, you can hold (default) CTRL and the landing jets will allow you to hover, giving you enough space to roll over and take off.
        • The SCU prevents the enemy team from spawning anywhere near the area. Destroy it as soon as the generators fall. All you will have to worry about after that is the cleanup, and sunderers.

I give you: Sundy 2.0! Complete with Chassis lights, Golden infiltrator icon hood ornament and a bitchin' new paint job, Sundy 2.0 beats the old sunderer any day!

[IMG]

Here's a video of me helping Josh!

• Like Like x 1
          Taters, Dec 7, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Dec 7, 2012
        • Jan 7, 2009
          Did you start an outfit? I just made an NC guy on Helios so I could hop on and play with you guys.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          the outfit is Soldiers Kartel All-Mighty, or SKAM. i'll be on in roughly 8-10 hours and be playing all day, so if you drop on at all later today I can make it happen.
        • Jan 7, 2009
          My char name is Schwarzgeist, if you wanna add me.
        • Mar 12, 2008

VANU 4 LIFE!

In other news, If you didn't take advantage of the station cash Triple boost, it's a sad time for you. I managed to pick up lock-on rockets for my heavy, and got anti-air bursters for the max. I can now actually play that class.
        • Oct 7, 2012
          I have the game but what's the difference with downloading it from steam and ps2 website?
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Download it from steam just so that steam doesn't complain like a mofo. It usually the same install files but the Steam one will already be set up with steam instead of you trying to fix it with it.
          • Informative Informative x 1