Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

Discussion in Android started by Dharkk, Apr 18, 2014

1. Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  2. Jul 1, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010

Any instruction on how to remove the magazine-thingy in the main windows? It's useless.
    • Jul 8, 2012

• Jul 1, 2010
      I think if you long press the home screen and go to settings there is an option for My Magazine.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Not going to happen on an S 5 unless its T-Mobile :razz: Maybe Sprint, I forget. All of the other carriers are locking the bootloader for everything. Would have to get a Google Play Edition from Google of the phone in order to flash other stuff (we can flash ROMs, but only TouchWiz based using safestrap).
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Did a little theme stuff of my own.. going for a Halloween type thing. Did the signal bars (luff did them originally but I gave him the wrong files), the 4G LTE logo, signal in and out for that, and then the wifi signal bars.. wifi is still a bit messy as its giving me fits on Photoshop.

Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-28-21 Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-29-23 Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-29-29 Screenshot_2014-10-09-23-29-47

Thanks @Luffaren for the Photoshop pointers!

The clock is done by a mod and I can't figure out where its storing the files for it... gonna check it's .apk. The orange on it is a bit off. There isn't a hex field for the clock addon.

Ah.. now that I think of it the clock might be a smali or xml edit in SystemUI.apk or framework-res.apk >.>
      • Like Like x 1
        Dharkk, Oct 9, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Oct 9, 2014
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Whelp, re-taught myself how to decompile and recompile an apk... was successful but the change I did to it didn't do anything >.>
      • Jul 1, 2010
        Whelp, the clock is 255,143,0 and everything else is 255,145,0 and I don't think I can get them any closer. I edited the status_bar.xml inside of the SystemUI.apk to a style I made in the style.xml and it still isn't the same color. Something called potato clock is handling the clock style and its color... I edited it's line in the status_bar.xml to pull from my style but it didn't really do anything. Managed to get that close on the color slider.

Just in case anyone is interested this is what it looks like:

style.xml:
        Code:
        	 <style name="HalloweenOrange">
        		<item name="android:textSize">16.0dip</item>
        		<item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
        		<item name="android:textColor">#fff500</item>
        	 </style>
        status_bar.xml:

Code:
        <com.potato.systemui.clocks.ClockRight android:textAppearance="@style/HalloweenOrange" android:textStyle="normal" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:paddingStart="6.0dip" />
        • Like Like x 1
          Dharkk, Oct 10, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Oct 11, 2014
        • Jul 8, 2012

• Jul 1, 2010
          Switched to the Note 4 and absolutely love it. No root or ROMs yet but could care less. Ill throw up some screenshots here in a sec.

Screenshot_2014-11-23-10-44-21 Screenshot_2014-11-23-10-44-32 Screenshot_2014-11-23-10-45-01 Screenshot_2014-11-23-10-44-48 Screenshot_2014-11-23-10-45-36
          Dharkk, Nov 23, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Nov 23, 2014
        • Jul 1, 2010

Screenshot_2014-11-26-01-40-13 Screenshot_2014-11-26-01-40-26
        • Jul 8, 2012
          I'm torn between that and the Nexus 6. I'm holding out for the Nexus.