Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Scoutking/Secondary Protocol Abuse

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Kris, Mar 17, 2007

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 30, 2006
    ok thats it you pissed my ass off, you just blown my anger limit.

You actually think i have no other arguements? and that I am acting rude? Who was acting rude when they started spamming for help on the server? I already admit that Scout was mean and that he expressed his emotions to you. Ok we get that clear. Also I have already lost my point? YOUR FUNNY. I seriously think that you should reconsider that. I am going to be straight up to you right now, no more examples and crap.

Someone on the internet (about a billion users) has kept on making death threats to you. Yes I know that part, next, you think that admins should be in part of a personal issue in which YOU brought on yourself? Maybe you sent something that made them say comments that you don't like?

Think about it this way, if everyone on the server was like you and was being picked on by this person, the WHOLE entire server would go to an admin and start complaining that a guy is making threats? I do not think so.......the world would not be spinning by then. It'll probally have huge holes from nukes going everywhere.

My point is this, you cannot have an admin DO something in which he/she deems stupid and useless. In which this case, Scout and I think so. Its a world wide internet, dont take crap seriously. If you take everything seriously (like this death threat), you might as well throw your internet modem out the window right now. And you are not waiting for an admin with higher authority to get on since I am one already. Nothing you say can detract me from admin on plaguefest.

My main goal is to provide a server that is completely working, and sustain a peaceful and fun environment, not be your daddy and hold you hands when Ronald Mcdonald comes and steals your happy meal toy.
  2. Mar 17, 2007
    What I said has no baring on the situation. I didn't break the rules. They did. That matter is closed.

Again, like I said, if you actually read my statments, I NEVER TOOK IT SERIOUSLY. I actually said that I knew they would never do it. You keep coming up with this arguement and using it as your crutch, "stop taking it seriously lol, it teh interwebz". I said so many times that I never took anything seriously about this at all. Do I need to put up a colorful picture for you to get this point through fully?

And you contridicted your self in that last paragraph. You said and I quote, "My main goal is to provide a server that is completely working, and sustain a peaceful and fun environment, not be your daddy and hold you hands when Ronald Mcdonald comes and steals your happy meal toy."
    So, letting people steal my happy meal substains a happy envirorment? If your job is to substain such a happy place, and keep it happy, why did you let that mean ole' LSD keep threatening my life? That is not happy, or jovial at all! By letting him do that it means you are being lazy, and not doing your job, but hey, I am just pointing out what you said.

Also, I am glad we both see eye to eye on the fact that Scout is apparently going through his period. Maybe make a less emotional choice, next time? A better speller could help, too.
  3. Dec 30, 2006
    Ok, fine what exactly is your point here and what do you want me to do? I'll simplify the whole paragraph for you.

THIS POST IS STUPID, YOU ARE BLAMING ADMINS FOR A STUPID ISSUE IN WHICH WE DON'T NEED TO BE DEALING WITH.

Who in the world cares if someone threatens you online......for god's sake..................Ignore it or something.

Please list what you want the admins to do about this situation. I would really love you see what your response is.

And again, I apologize for being rude, but I seriously think that an online threat does not require admin attention and a forum post about this situation.

Talking about conflicting?? Why did you name the topic Scoutking/Secondary Protocol ABUSE? Shouldn't it be the opposite? I mean....your telling us to kick.....and we're not. Please explain this.

I see you made a disrespectful comment about scoutking. How joyful you just broke the ck "law" of not respecting admins. This shows how useless this topic is.
  4. Mar 17, 2007
    The name of this topic has nothing to do with the issue at hand, and I don't think it is worth the effort to say that I didn't feel like typing out more words.

What did I want you to do about the situation? Firstly, I wanted you to tell them that it is not acceptible, that death threats are not allowed, and possibably kick them, if they continued. I also want you to reconsider Scout's admin position.

Also, Scoutking shows no respect to me, why should I give any respect to him? People don't just get respect, they earn it. Most of the admins are kind, and work hard. I have seen Scout do nothing to deserve his spot.
  5. Posts
    I get online death threats daily. Should you take them seriously? No.

Actually, I'm going to come over to your house later and kill you.

Really, you shouldn't worry about it. Sure, it's really childish, but we cant kick or ban for such thing.
  6. Mar 17, 2007
    What is stopping you from kicking them? Why can't you? It is illegal to threaten to kill. You kick people for sprays promoting drug use, why not comments that promote murder? And even if you don't want to kick, the admin should still tell the person that it isn't acceptible to say.
  7. Dec 30, 2006
    I'm really sorry, but it just looks like someone in "higher" position just posted. By the way, the goal that I have does not conflict with with mcdonalds. As that moral is that admins are not your daddy and that we do not have to hold your hands and help you when someone steals your happy meal toy. Even better admins don't need to help you go to the bathroom.
  8. Mar 17, 2007
    So, I am not allowed to share my opinions with this higher admin? Just because he has higher powers doesn't mean I can't disagree with him. He has a hell of a server, and has done a hell of a job running it, but even the greatest leaders aren't always right.

Still, I never asked an admin to hold my hand. All I wanted them to do was to ask them to stop harassing me while I play, which is part of your job, as you said, to uphold peace on the server.
  9. Dec 30, 2006
    Obviously you must think I am a new admin and that I am equal to scoutking. WRONG. Notice the red color on my name. Just to inform you and to straighten facts, CK and I are the highest authority you can get. Cam has higher authority since he does all the server work. And since cam posted his feelings about this topic I feel that you have lost this battle, my friend.

For your holding peace up for the server, we try our best and as doomx said, we were teleporting an abnormal amount of players and we were not able to follow up on your request. We are humans not robots, we can't do everything in five seconds.
  10. Mar 17, 2007
    That is fine, but still, from this example alone I don't think ScoutKing should be an admin, if he is going to emotion based, and not helping others because of their opinion, or further more for his opinion of their opinion, or something like that.
  11. Dec 30, 2006
    I kick people because its annoying. I think its funny though. I can beat your ass, well fight right now online. :S I dont think I can make a rule against it but it is up to the admins discretion on how they want to handle it.

Its up to the admins discretion on if they want to take action.

Im sorry i really did laugh at that one. Ck doesn't abuse his admin. thats good.

Onto scout. I dont see a problem with him. :s I really dont think a admin should be required if they are on to baby to every player that wants a teleport or gets stuck. They should be able to play and have fun. The server gets along fine when there is no admin present.
  12. Mar 17, 2007
    That isn't my problem, if he doesn't want to give a teleport someone that is fine, I don't care, but he does have some responsibilities, and he can't just shirk them because he dislikes me.
  13. Posts
    Well, we are pretty loose on how to let the admins handle things, and we appriciate you posting about this (including Secondary :razz: ), but we cant really inforce such strictness under the players.

Am I Bill Gates? :blink:
  14. Mar 17, 2007
    So, Mr. Cam, you are saying ScoutKing doesn't have to help me just because he doesn't like me, but he can help everybody else if he feels like it.

Seriously, soon he will dislike this player, then this player, then this player, and soon the only person who he will be aiding is himself.
  15. Dec 30, 2006
    I will say one thing though scout cant refuse to help people because he doesn't like them as a player. Admins cant let there personal feelings determine if they are going to help someone or punish them. If he wants to play the game he can but he cant choose who he helps and who he doesn't within reason.
  16. Posts
    Well...

You do have a point in your first statement, but your second = huge nono.
  17. Dec 30, 2006
    Oh come on.......dont bring this junk up. Now I can see how scoutking posted his emotions...you certainly pissed the donkey shit out of me on this post. Oh btw, you might need to buy me a new keyboard since i just typed a 2 page persuasive essay just for you.
  18. Mar 17, 2007
    No, ScoutKing just seems very immature, and not ready for the admin spot. I don't feel comfertable knowing that I could be banned because I disagree with his position on the War in Iraq.
  19. Dec 30, 2006
    :grin: I'm happy. Issue taken care of, and solved. Further review of scoutking will be planned in the future, maybe I can talk to him (unlike wombat). Ah, thank god this time only 3 keys popped out of my keyboard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.