Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

What Can We Do?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by ..::Enthralled::.., Jun 25, 2022

1. Aug 11, 2016
    I know we've talked about it in other threads. But I refuse to think this game is dead. There are a few other zm servers out there that have players one being a German and the other Russian, but none of them come to the knees of PF yet they somehow stay capped with 60+ players and a queue.

So is there no way we could at least stay in spectate to pull in traffic even if we are afk? Or can we advertise somehow?

PF is GOAT its just hard to let the ship sink.
  2. Dec 17, 2007
    If you want to sit in spectate, you're more than welcome to.

They probably do. I'm sure that in foreign countries the game is still pretty much popular, since it's cheap and easy to run. However, for an American / Canadian based community, it really isn't too popular anymore.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Aug 11, 2016
      I'm not sure if you are/or can speak to the owners of PF but there was a guy on server today willing to do any scripting/modding needed FOR FREE if we could get a CSGO zombie server going, that would also bring players back to CSS zombie mod.

But TBH idc where the players are from as long as we could pull in players that would be fine, a lot of times those other servers are packed so traffic is coming in but no one sticks around because people arent on.

But if you can reach out to whoever owns PF and ask them if they'd be willing to make another CSGO zombie mod server, I see a forum section but no posts since 2015.
    • Dec 17, 2007
      They tried but either failed or never finished. The ones that were able to write the coding for a CSGO ZM server either couldn't find the time or ran in to issues they couldn't resolve.

They're not just going to give anyone root access. That's one of the problems. This server along with the website was built from the ground up, took a lot of time and effort on not only the owner(s), but others with root access to code the whole thing. Those same ppl don't have the time or energy to do it all over again. Allowing someone new, they've never seen / met before access to do the coding and all that, is like handing some complete homeless stranger the keys to your 1967 Chev Camaro and him going and fucking your wife while driving off with your 1967 Chev Camaro. You eventually end up with someone like @Bapple™ as an illegitimate child.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Jun 17, 2014

By the way; Fun fact. Both of those servers are using NoSteam (Implying the players can just torrent the game and play without using Steam) and have the ability to pay for boosting their server on the 7Launcher client. @Brian enabled NoSteam on our server and we tried just about every trick we could get our server a paid promotion to boost it to the top of the NoSteam server list, but had issues with successfully making a transaction anywhere from North America. (Ever tried doing business with Russians now days?)
        Moral of the story; we tried.
        • Like Like x 1
          Bapple™, Jul 1, 2022 Last edited by Bapple™, Jul 1, 2022
        • Dec 17, 2007
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Jun 17, 2014
            I definitely got it, mediocre metaphor at best
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Dec 17, 2007
              • Funny Funny x 1
                Aphilion, Jul 4, 2022 Last edited by Bapple™, Jul 5, 2022
              • Jun 17, 2014
                I'm a raging homosexual, and like to touch homeless penises.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                  Bapple™, Jul 5, 2022 Last edited by Aphilion, Jul 5, 2022
                • Dec 17, 2007
                  Yes we know, you've shoved your sexuality on us more than enough times.
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Oct 25, 2012
                    3 words Advertising advertising advertising
                  • Feb 10, 2017
                    Spam pinging everyone in discord works :thumbsup:
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    Or instead of doing that, just let all your friends know ahead of time to join you all on the server. Or even post an announcement in the announcement channel. Sound like a better, less annoying way of doing it.